Good Youth Hostels in Adelaide?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Grant

Good Youth Hostels in Adelaide?

Post by Grant »

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but given the Adelaide contingent that posts here I thought it might be a good place to start.

A young graduate winemaker from Sth Africa is spending a week at Adelaide Uni and the AWRI as a part of a scholarship initiative. She would like to stay at a youth or backpackers hostel close (walking distance) to the Uni so that she can meet some people her own age and have the chance to set her own agenda whilst there.

Can anyone help me with some ideas on where would be a good place to stay?

Many thanks

Grant

Deano

Post by Deano »

I would recommend you contact the Uni's Student "Union" department and they would be best with the knowledge of whats in and out.
Cheers

ChrisV

Post by ChrisV »

Yeah, it's also hard to answer without knowing what campus exactly she'll be at. The main Adelaide Uni campus is on North Tce, in the city, but a lot of the winemaking stuff is done at Waite Campus, in the suburbs.

Nayan

Post by Nayan »

Chris,

She will be out at Waite.

Cheers,

Nayan

Davo

Post by Davo »

Last edited by Davo on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve

Post by Steve »

There's nothing near Waite. All the hostels are in the city, but there are regular busses between Waite and the city...

Grant

Post by Grant »

Guys,

Many thanks. I wasn't sure about the geography but it will be Waite campus, and a trip on the bus from the city won't be too much to bear. Looks like YHA is the go.

All the best