Chris Ringland wines

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
limkeith

Chris Ringland wines

Post by limkeith »

Just wondering what is the forum’s thoughts on his wines. He seems to have a good partnership going with Adrian Hoffman and I just tried his Northern Barossa Shiraz. Pretty decent!

Mike Hawkins

Re: Chris Ringland wines

Post by Mike Hawkins »

The older 3 Rivers were superb but exxy

felixp21

Post by felixp21 »

I've had a few vintages of the Three Rivers from the 90's, stunning Aussie shiraz wines, for my palate miles better than Grange. The 1990 is an absolute classic. I purchased a six pack on release, I'm pretty sure it was about $50!!! If I had known what was going to happen, wouldn't have sloshed them all down with mates about 1997-8. :lol: :lol:
However, I've also had a few vintages of the Dimchurch shiraz, 2009 and 2012 IIRC, and these were just too intense to actually drink. Pretty much gloop, but I suspect they will be a lot better in two decades. It's a style that is very polarising.

mjs

Post by mjs »

Had a tasting with Chris in his dining/lounge room a few years ago on one of our Barossa trips. An excellent tasting. His great value CR Shiraz at the bottom end all the way through a few of the much more expensive Shiraz wines. Most spent a long time in barrel and were wonderful wines, but needed more time to show at their best. Not cheap either. I will find my notes.
veni, vidi, bibi
also on twitter @m_j_short
and instagram m_j_short

Matt@5453

Post by Matt@5453 »

I maybe wrong, but his best work was at Rockfords in the 90s?
Haven't had a Wine under his own label I've really liked.
I've got a few empty three rivers wooden boxes people have wanted to buy from me. But they fit my old school CDs nicely, so have held onto them.

Mahmoud Ali

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

Matt@5453 wrote:I maybe wrong, but his best work was at Rockfords in the 90s?
I've got a few empty three rivers wooden boxes people have wanted to buy from me. But they fit my old school CDs nicely, so have held onto them.
Sounds like the wooden boxes were more useful than the wines.

limkeith

Post by limkeith »

mjs wrote:Had a tasting with Chris in his dining/lounge room a few years ago on one of our Barossa trips. An excellent tasting. His great value CR Shiraz at the bottom end all the way through a few of the much more expensive Shiraz wines. Most spent a long time in barrel and were wonderful wines, but needed more time to show at their best. Not cheap either. I will find my notes.
Will be good to know!

Mike Hawkins

Post by Mike Hawkins »

Matt@5453 wrote:I maybe wrong, but his best work was at Rockfords in the 90s?
He made some exceptional wines at Rockford. For my tastes, the 90s were the pinnacle for that winery. BP from 90,91 and 96 remain superb wines which I’m glad I went very long on.

RobK

Post by RobK »

I was blessed that I swapped a painting for a few CR out of Chris's cellar. For my tastes, they really are up there with my first choice.
http://www.robkennedy.gallery
https://www.instagram.com/rob_kennedy_art/