Rockford Alicante Bouchet and Puddleduck (Pinot) Rose

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
graham

Rockford Alicante Bouchet and Puddleduck (Pinot) Rose

Post by graham »

I like 'em big, my reds that is :twisted: But I've started to appreciate the softer styles. This doesn't make me any less a RED man , just one with a softer side :lol:
(the wife rarely sees this side)

Alicante Bouchet

Chilled slightly before serving, this is wonderfully fresh and crisp. The wine possessed wonderful aromas of fresh strawberries and cherries and a hint of citrus. On the palate, there was no hint of oak or tannins . The finish was refreshingly clean and crisp and uninterrupted by any residual sugar or acid. I alway get 2-3 dozen a year to quaff.

Puddleduck

A beautiful nose of strawberry complimented by a crisp clean finish. Best at about 6-10 degress, too cold and you will not appreciate palate.

Graham
Nothing is so effective in keeping one young and full of lust as a discriminating palate thoroughly satisfied at least once a day.

Davo

Post by Davo »

You great Jessie :lol:

DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Hairdresser wines :lol:

n4sir

Post by n4sir »

Vintage(s)?
Forget about goodness and mercy, they're gone.

graham

Post by graham »

08 for the Rockford and 09 for the Puddleduck

graham
Nothing is so effective in keeping one young and full of lust as a discriminating palate thoroughly satisfied at least once a day.

pstarr

Post by pstarr »

I discovered a forgotten bottle of the 2007 Alicante Bouchet while restacking the home cellar last weekend. Don't think I've ever let one go for much more than a year before. I find them good picnic wines, or for summer heat before the sparkling reds.
Paul.