Wine Fridges

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Anonymous

Wine Fridges

Post by Anonymous »

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, so sorry if this has been covered before. I searched for other posts on wine fridges but couldn't find much with the capacity I was looking at.

Currently I have a dual zone Mistral 112 bottle Wine Fridge. Whilst it's useful, the dual temperature zone is annoying for me because the top section only goes to a max of 12 degrees and I pretty much exclusively drink reds.

So I am looking at a second fridge. I was at a Harvey Norman on Australia Day and came across a 160 bottle single zone Miele Fridge for a bit over $2000.

Doe anyone know anything about these? I was reading a couple threads which talked about thermoelectric versus compressor. Ideally I do not want to spend too much more than 2k on a fridge, but at the same time I want to take care of my bottles.

Any advice or recommendations for fridges of about this size would be great.

Thanks a lot!
Stefan

winetastic

Post by winetastic »

Kitchener are Australian made and represent the best value for money in my opinion.

You can get 200 bottles of storage for $2000.

Luke W

Post by Luke W »

Stefan

I would endorse Winetastic's view and think that you are better buying a local product. I had to ring Kitchener this morning as my daughter had left a tupperware container over the air inlet while I was away at a conference. The ability to get fast, good advice about the product was re-assuring. I also believe they are a high quality product.

Cheers

Luke
If you can remember what a wine is like the next day you didn't drink enough of it
Peynaud

Partagas

Post by Partagas »

I have an LG GC-W81BXG btl wine fridge and it seems to be working fine. Measurements are all good, very little noise, dual zone (big temp range) and very little temperature fluctuation. I set both my zones to 14deg having only two bottles of white. It can hold up to 140 bottles which is the only issue I have at the moment. Can’t wait to get into a new house with cellar some day. Also looks pretty good to boot.

Sam

boodie

wine fridge

Post by boodie »

Im having trouble finding a reasonably priced wine fridge. Approx $500.
Kmart and Big W dont stock them anymore. I am reluctant to pay more that $800 as all I want to do is keep my $15 - $30 bottles of wine at a regulated temp. I live in Melbourne.

Lee

Post by Lee »

Good Guys here carry a couple of different sizes - we picked up a 60 bottle number for $600 or so - works very well.....
cheers,
Lee

rednut

Post by rednut »

Read all of this, may help as its been well covered recently

http://forum.auswine.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=7929
"A woman drove me to drink, and I'll be a son of a gun but I never even wrote to thank her" WC Fields

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

My primo 72 bottle from Dinasaur Deals is working a treat.

Now $399

Graham
Chardonnay: A drink you have when there is no RED wine, the beer hasn't arrived and the water may be polluted