Majella Malleea

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Rawshack

Majella Malleea

Post by Rawshack »

My birthday yesterday and my son slipped me a bottle of the current vintage (05?) as a present. Very nice indeed but what the retailer was doing selling booze to a 15 month old child is beyond me.

Anyhow, any comments on how long I should tuck this away for?
The Dog of Wine

08meltdown

Re: Majella Malleea

Post by 08meltdown »

Rawshack wrote:My birthday yesterday and my son slipped me a bottle of the current vintage (05?) as a present. Very nice indeed but what the retailer was doing selling booze to a 15 month old child is beyond me.

Anyhow, any comments on how long I should tuck this away for?

You mean "15 years old"?. It would be a Guinness record if a 15 months old manage to pick, pay and convince the retailer for the purchase of the Malleea.

Should be fine for drinking now. BTW it's $65 at Auswine.

Have a good Birthday!!

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Mesuspects Rawshack means someone bought it on the 15 month old's behalf perhaps.
Cheers
Wayno

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

peterlynnwine

Post by peterlynnwine »

Should be fine to drink when the "15 month old" is 18, this wine is made to last.....

Rawshack

Post by Rawshack »

Wayno wrote:Mesuspects Rawshack means someone bought it on the 15 month old's behalf perhaps.

Is the right answer :D

Thanks for the tips folks. If I can resist the 'last temptation of rawshack' and keep my sticky fingers off it, I'll hang onto it for a few years
The Dog of Wine

Scanlon

Post by Scanlon »

I tasted this recently at the cellar door - it was nice but VERY young, and i don't think it will be at its most enjoyable for a while.

pick up a bottle fo their sparkling red in the meantime and have that for christmas! :)

monghead

Post by monghead »

I too think this is a great wine. One for the long-haul.

However, it cames in one of the tallest bottles I have encountered for a 750ml red, and as such, have to store it separately in the cellar. Just a little annoying I guess. Great label and presentation though.

Cheers,

Monghead.