Does anybody else having Big Problem with Australia Post delivery

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Alan Foo

Does anybody else having Big Problem with Australia Post delivery

Post by Alan Foo »

I have a box of wines picked up by Australia Post on the 18th October 2021 from Adelaide to Melbourne. Also another box of wines from the auction house in Melbourne to be deliver to a Melbourne address which was picked up by Australia Post on the 20th October 2021. To date I have yet to receive these 2 boxes.

The weather been quick hot last few days and it been more than 2 weeks now. A quick check with Australia Post and the reply was "We’ll monitor this delivery until Mon 22 Nov . If it doesn’t arrive by then, we’ll begin investigating. No need to submit another enquiry".

Just wondering if anyone in this forum is also having problems with their delivery at this time of the year.

Alan

kaos

Re: Does anybody else having Big Problem with Australia Post delivery

Post by kaos »

I can live with the slow delivery - it's just how things are these days. What I struggle with is wine touring the country en route. Post picked up a case in Margaret River, sat on that for a week or two then took it to Perth and sent it to Sydney. I'm in Victoria. Not sure where it is now - the tracking events are somewhat oblique. "In transit to next facility in <my location>", which I would presume to mean in transit to wherever it stops at next on its national tour....That was last weekend...

JamieBahrain

Post by JamieBahrain »

Ordered a drone from China on the same day two boxes of wine dispatched from Adelaide to Northern NSW.

Drone arrived after a week despite warnings of significant delays abs the Australia Post took another week on top.

Multiple boxes end up all over the place- some come via Sydney others Brisbane. Odd logistics- one box forwarded to north QLD by mistake. It’s disappointing when Australians served by mediocrity.
"Barolo is Barolo, you can't describe it, just as you can't describe Picasso"

Teobaldo Cappellano

Waiters Friend

Post by Waiters Friend »

I'm actually finding Australia Post is providing better service than a couple of courier companies. No complaints here.
Wine, women and song. Ideally, you can experience all three at once.

paulf

Post by paulf »

I've had a few like that Alan. I had one arrive on Monday from NSW for an order placed on the Oct 15th and dispatched the next day. I have an order from the 20th that still hasn't arrived.
My general experience over the last few months is that anything that is coming from interstate to Melbourne with Aus Post is taking forever, but if it is coming from within the state then it has been much quicker.

phillisc

Post by phillisc »

Very happy with Aust Post...Pikes rang me Tuesday order despatched, arrived yesterday.
When I miss a delivery local post office rings me to notify when it's arrived, for me to collect.
Can't complain
Cheers Craig
Tomorrow will be a good day

ticklenow1

Post by ticklenow1 »

In my experience, Aus Post are normally pretty good. I did have an issue with my Wendouree delivery, I ordered three 6 packs and only received one. The other two were stuck in Sydney for about 10 days . In fairness though, it was when Sydney was at the height of the lock down and my local post office said the distribution center was shut down for about a week due to COVID.

I would normally prefer my deliveries to be done by Aus Post. I've had a couple of issues with private couriers but nothing too major.

Cheers
Ian
If you had to choose between drinking great wine or winning Lotto, which would you choose - Red or White?

GraemeG

Post by GraemeG »

Some (Sydney) media reports over the weekend about backlogs they're struggling with. Parcels particularly.
I suspect there are major, but localised, problems.
I know in the last few years I've had multiple 6-packs of Mount Mary show up a week apart.
Scary when you get box 1of4, 2of4 and 4of4 in one delivery and nothing for a week, until 3of4 shows up.
I expect it'll happen again this month.

phillisc

Post by phillisc »

More good service, notification that Langton's delivery been sent to Aust Post shop.
Just waiting on Mount Mary...could be anywhere!!

Cheers Craig
Tomorrow will be a good day

Alan Foo

Post by Alan Foo »

All good. After 3 weeks both cases of wines finally arrived today.

Alan

JamieBahrain

Post by JamieBahrain »

I guess I’m new around here but that’s just pathetic. Three weeks! It is now becoming consistent in my experience to order from abroad in considerably less time than ordering something form one of the silly seven nations within our nation .

I think an ordering hiatus prudent over summer.
"Barolo is Barolo, you can't describe it, just as you can't describe Picasso"

Teobaldo Cappellano

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Generally I've been happy with the service. No major delays apart from 1 or 2 recently that were delayed just a few days. Our regular deliver driver hates carrying the many boxes up the steep driveway of our new abode in Sydney.
Your worst game of golf is better than your best day at work

via collins

Post by via collins »

Checking in from Melbourne here, which really is the heart of the nearly total collapse in Australia Post service over past few months.

I've had packages between Fitzroy and Caroline Springs (approx 27 km) take 5, and 6 weeks respectively. Turns out Sunshine West was smashed by COVID and was on skeleton staff.

My wine deliveries have gone from 2 to 3 days to 2 to 3 weeks, and like all above, it's the touring to god knows where that concerns me. I've been a huge fan of Aus Post for decades now, but this winter has been unconscionably bad. If you're paid millions to manage, bloody well manage!!!

(oh, Express Post package sent from Caroline Springs to Fitzroy took 7 days this week - yep, paid premium service, and got that service)

Dave Dewhurst

Post by Dave Dewhurst »

More a problem with couriers, with a recent order on 11th November arriving two days ago! No idea where it's been in the meantime or whether it's fried. It took so long, I had actually forgotten about it as I usually don't order anything during the warmer months unless the company has a heat policy. This one I ordered on the basis that the following week was due to be reasonably sensible temperatures.

Cheers

Dave

Mike Hawkins

Post by Mike Hawkins »

I just had two cases delivered today… nearly 4 weeks. I’m worried they’ve been cooked.

No more wine orders in Australia until autumn….

tarija

Post by tarija »

I had a miracle this week - had an order shipped out of Perth Friday 10 December. Arrived in Sydney Friday 17 December, just in time to avoid this weekend's heatwave.

I was regretting placing the order soon after I placed it due to worries about weather and the recent logistics problems. All well that ends well.

Previous order from Perth took almost a month though (October)...so it has mostly been a shambles.