2009 Kalleske Old Vine Grenache

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
rednut

2009 Kalleske Old Vine Grenache

Post by rednut »

Well we were invited for a roast turkey last night at my brothers. I took a 2009 Kalleske Old Vine Grenache and he dug a 2008 Wendouree Shiraz out of his fridge and decanted it over the day.
Tried a glass of the Shiraz and was very disappointed. After all the hype Wendouree wines get I was a bit confused. Very light (13.6 % alc), weak in flavour and seemed very menthol/eucalyptus flavoured. On my scale a 4 - 5 /10,. My Wendouree's will be sold not drunk put it that way.
Cracked the Grenache, no decanting and straight into the glass.
Rich, plummy, dark and delicious. 15.5 alc but did not affect the taste or the enjoyment. Got the thumbs up from all who sampled it.
I wanted to eat the very cool designed bottle it was that good. 10/10 :D
"A woman drove me to drink, and I'll be a son of a gun but I never even wrote to thank her" WC Fields

Hacker

Re: 2009 Kalleske Old Vine Grenache

Post by Hacker »

I just love everything that I have tried from Kalleske, which really is only the Greenock Shiraz and the Clarry's blend, but I have tried multiple vintages from both. A 2004 Greenock I had recently was rich and velvety and just a pleasure to drink, and a 2010 Clarry's was the best GSM blend I have encountered, and have subsequently tried to hunt down some of the 2013 version.
Imugene, cure for cancer.

ufo

Post by ufo »

2003 Kalleske Old Vine Grenache was an absolute cracker when I tasted it last year. It was the best aged Aussie Grenache I've ever tried.

Gavin Trott

Post by Gavin Trott »

Hacker wrote:I just love everything that I have tried from Kalleske, which really is only the Greenock Shiraz and the Clarry's blend, but I have tried multiple vintages from both. A 2004 Greenock I had recently was rich and velvety and just a pleasure to drink, and a 2010 Clarry's was the best GSM blend I have encountered, and have subsequently tried to hunt down some of the 2013 version.

2013 Kalleske Clarrys ... talk to me, I can help!

regards

Gavin Trott