Interstate transport

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Loztralia

Interstate transport

Post by Loztralia »

Not posted for a long while but I wonder if anyone could help me with a challenge I am facing. I'm now living between Sydney and Perth, with all my good wine in Sydney and 95% of my good wine-drinking opportunities in Perth. Does anyone have any experience of shipping moderate quantities of wine interstate? I'm talking about 6-10 cases at the outside. Any recommendations? Cost expectations?

Any guidance very much appreciated.
3, 65, 7, 50

rens

Re: Interstate transport

Post by rens »

never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Duncan Disorderly

Post by Duncan Disorderly »

I moved to Canberra from Perth about two and a half years ago and I bought 30 cases with me. Grace Removal's did the move and I only lost one bottle, which was something of a lesser wine so I was non-plussed and didn't claim a refund. I am not sure of the price as it was part of a bigger move (and my employer paid), but if memory serves it was pretty reasonable given the care they took in packaging my wine.

Mike Hawkins

Post by Mike Hawkins »

Perhaps wait till the coller weather sets in, and send them in styrofoam boxes by Aussie Post ?

Waiters Friend

Post by Waiters Friend »

Mike Hawkins wrote:Perhaps wait till the coller weather sets in, and send them in styrofoam boxes by Aussie Post ?

Agree with Mike's recommendations about the cooler weather. Airconditioned transport is the other (expensive) option.
Wine, women and song. Ideally, you can experience all three at once.