Paul Gordon and Leconfield

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Anthony

Paul Gordon and Leconfield

Post by Anthony »

Was just wondering if anyone knows when was Paul Gordon's actual first vintage at Leconfield?
For the fruit he had access to, he made same pretty decent booze at Rouge Homme. The 98 RH Cabernet Sauvignon stands out as being one of the best value wines I have had in a long time.

It will be interesting to see if he can turn around the fortunes of Leconfield and bring it back to their glory days.

p.s. are they still listed in Langtons classification?

cheers
anthony
Good wine ruins the purse; bad wine ruins the stomach
Spanish saying

rose terra

Post by rose terra »

paul godons first vintage at leconfield was 2002
and i don't think they still listed in Langtons classification
from what i have seen both released and barrels/tank samples i think Leconfield are definately on the way back
cheers
rose

lantana

Post by lantana »

Leconfield Cabernet Sauvignon is classified as Distinguished by Langtons on their website.

Cheers lantana

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

thanks guys.
I am a fan of Paul Gordon and thinks he makes some pretty good reds. Will be looking out for the 02 when it is released.

cheers
anthony
Good wine ruins the purse; bad wine ruins the stomach
Spanish saying

MartinC

Post by MartinC »

I hope to see the departure of R.Fowler's style of stalky Coonawarra Cab.
Who cares about Langtons Classification. It's clearly outdated with commercial interest in mind.
MC

<i>"If our life on earth is so short, why not live every day as if it were our last. This is the path to happiness and spiritual enlightenment"
Omar Khayyam 1048 -1122</b>