Bremerton Old Adam 2005?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
rocknoise

Bremerton Old Adam 2005?

Post by rocknoise »

So a lot of fuss (from both sides of the fence) was made about the previous vintage and the 2005 didn't last long.
I've got a bottle. Do I drink it now? I'm intrigued and it keeps beckoning since it was on the "no tastings" list at the Bremerton Cellar Door.
But the $40 dollar mark, kinda puts it at the "top shelf" end of my stash.
Has anyone cracked one and wished they kept it a while? Or loved it? Do tell.

Ratcatcher

Post by Ratcatcher »

Should have got 2. :)

I've never had this wine but past reviews indicate you can't go wrong either way.

Based on what I've read I'd probably give it 2-3 years.

rocknoise

Post by rocknoise »

I DID get two
but I knew if i said that you guys would give me the ol' "one now one later" speel :)
Thanks for the feedback! might have to do just that!

kwattro

Post by kwattro »

i got a few together with a few of the special release cabernets - i tried the cabernet first. i didnt take any note, but the cabernet was quite impressive - i can still remembered the aroma of rasberies, with fine tanins. Having tasted such a nice wine, my partner and i was wondering what the old adams, which twice the cost would be like - and so we decided to open it.

straight out of the bottle, the wine has a bright crimson colour and uninteresting in the nose. The first taste yield some good degree of fruit and to our surprises there was hardly any tanin, the wine has a luscrious mouth feel, lingering of vanilla and stewed fruit.

After a good 2 hours in the decanter, it is a completly different wine - in addtion to the lush mouthfeel, the tanin is more pronounced. And it became bigger after 2 days in the bottle.

Having been fairly new to wine-appreciation, this is one of the most impressive wine that i've ever tasted - it's a tough call if i have to choose between this wine and the Tally, which i had the opportunity to taste not long ago.

I leave it to the expert to say when it's best to drink this wine - for me i'm going to keep the other botlle and treasure it for a little while.