Thank You Langton's

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
monghead

Thank You Langton's

Post by monghead »

Just wanted to state on this forum a big thank you to Langton's Melbourne.

I had purchased a couple of lots in their auction which just closed yesterday, and had thought the savings of 15% on buyer's premium until the end of January extended to the auctions as well as the exchange. When I checked the invoice this am, I saw that the buyer's premium was still charged, and so I called them. They explained that this was only for the exchange, and not for the auctions, but will check with the managers to see what they could do. Honestly, I thought at that stage that too bad, I had stuffed up and will have to wear it, but to my great surprise, they were able to waive the buyer's premium just this once, as it was an honest mistake of not reading the finer print of the advertisement (although this was entirely my fault).

Great customer service, and goodwill I say, and THANK YOU...

Cheers,

Monghead.

Dr - 307

Post by Dr - 307 »

Exactly. That's all I ever expect. A bit of service, humanity and understanding. Now you'll make an even greater effort to purchase from them and reward them for their understanding.

Good luck,
Dr - 307.
"No need to over-analyse. Good tish is good tish!" - Dr 307.

Shiraz Man

Post by Shiraz Man »

I had the opposite experience.

I sent off a dozen bottles a few years ago to Langtan's, and my lot was sold for a certain amount. When the cheque came through it was well under what I expected. When I quried it i was told the purchaser was not happy with some of the bottles and returned the rest. Thus I was paid only for the bottles returned. I was most upset because no where on their website at the time or paperwork did they state bottles can be returned. In any case they should have informed me this happened, rather than me finding out by ringing them up. Never Langtan's again for me.