TN: 2007 Jeanneret Riesling (Clare Valley)

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Winelover

TN: 2007 Jeanneret Riesling (Clare Valley)

Post by Winelover »

First time for this wine called the Big Fine Girl. It is really impressive and I'm only halfway through the second glass. Immediately it is very blossomy, lemon, lime on the nose. The palate brings some green banana and crispy acidity with some stone fruit undertones. Not as much minerality as I'd normally prefer. Perhaps the warmer northern vineyards in the Clare Valley compared to the usual Watervale / Leasingham traditional areas, where the grapes come from for this wine play a part in the robust (yet refined) flavour profile. 95 points. Well worth a look.

12.5% alcohol / Screwcap

Purchased local independant bottle shop in Adelaide $19.95 bottle / $18.95 case.

Dave Dewhurst

Post by Dave Dewhurst »

I've been impressed with the previous two or three vintages by these guys, so thanks for that. More expenditure, oh boy :) !!

Cheers

Dave

Winelover

Post by Winelover »

I was talking with a friend about it this morning and he said that they also have a more expensive Riesling called the Doozie that's been released from cellar door. He thinks it's about $40. Am heading to Clare this weekend to grab a bottle of this. Will be interesting to see if it is twice the quality 8)

Will post a TN accordingly later next week.

David

Post by David »

I found that both wines had a reasonably high level of residual suger whech, to me, detracted from the usual minerally austerity.

Let us all know what you think after visiting.

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I had a glass of this yesterday, and whilst nice enough (floral, some lemon and lime) didn't ring my bells - I prefer more acidity.

Cheers Mark