Rockford Basket Press 2004

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
GravyMaker

Rockford Basket Press 2004

Post by GravyMaker »

Hi all,

Someone mentioned a couple of weeks ago that they had experienced a cork problem with Rockford BP 2004. I believe the wine had seeped almost to the top of the cork already.

I have a 6-pack of these in my cellar (as I'm sure many of you do) and want to know if we should be cracking them out a lot sooner than expected?

Brett
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Frank Sinatra

Gary W

Post by Gary W »

No
GW

GravyMaker

Succinct

Post by GravyMaker »

Succinct - I like it :lol:
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Frank Sinatra

Mike Hawkins

Post by Mike Hawkins »

If you want to drink them near their peak and have good cellaring conditions, revisit them in 2016

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Mine was the cork that was well seeped (although not to the complete end). This did not seem to have affected the wine's conditions though as far as I could tell and agree that the wine is far too young and a touch disjointed to appreciate properly now.

Won't bother trying another for at least another year or so.
Cheers
Wayno

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

dazza1968

drinking

Post by dazza1968 »

Been drinking 00,01's at present so havent even given the 04's a thought :roll: even the 97 is still lovely , me i will relax for a while say 2011
Some people slurp it,others swill it,a few sip on it,some gaze at it for hours ,enough now wheres the RED

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Speaking of wine seeping all the way thru to the top of the cork, previously I always took this to mean the wine is stuffed (not corked) just oxidised. Two years ago a knowledgeable friend referred them as "leakers" and that there is nothing wrong with the wine. I haven't drank many bottles that have had cock seep and thus made a correct opinion. Advice pls?
Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter, Sermons and soda water the day after
A toast by Lord Byron

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Dionysus wrote: I haven't drank many bottles that have had cock seep... Advice pls?

Oh dear.
Cheers
Wayno

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

Bick

Post by Bick »

Wayno wrote:
Dionysus wrote: I haven't drank many bottles that have had cock seep... Advice pls?

Oh dear.

I read that several times before I saw the typo, I was wondering what you were "oh dear"-ing about... now I can't stop chuckling to myself, in much the same way mutley used to in wacky races...
Cheers,
Mike

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

nothing like a Friday Funny :D
Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter, Sermons and soda water the day after
A toast by Lord Byron