Rockford Stonewallers order

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
GrahamB

Rockford Stonewallers order

Post by GrahamB »

The Rockford Stonewallers order form arrived in the mail today.

I have faxed my order already.

Graham
Chardonnay: A drink you have when there is no RED wine, the beer hasn't arrived and the water may be polluted

JamieBahrain

Post by JamieBahrain »

Prices for the Black & BP please Graham?

Anything 'special' available?

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

JamieBahrain wrote:Prices for the Black & BP please Graham?

Anything 'special' available?

Black is $55 or $330 for 6 max
BP is $49 or $294 for 6 max
R Range is $35
Moppa is $23
Chardonnay: A drink you have when there is no RED wine, the beer hasn't arrived and the water may be polluted

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Apparently more 05 BP available this year due to cutting of US exports.

As ever, no specific reference to SVS's or the like, as this is a cellar door only venture (in my humble experience at least).

Rockford continues to maintain the dense, wordy format which admittedly is quite a way from some of the other mail-outs. Graphic design and marketing not as huge an issue when you can sell out your wines year after year!
Cheers
Wayno

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

JamieBahrain

Post by JamieBahrain »

If Rockford's export orders are being cut God help the rest of them with the AUD not far off parity!

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

It looks as if non-Stonewallers will only be able to get 3 bottles when BP is released at cellar door.
Premierships and great wine... that is what life is all about

DavidL

Post by DavidL »

Hi What is everyone ordering this year? How does everyone rank the BP?

graham

Post by graham »

My order: BP, Rifle Range, Vine Vale, PS Marion, Frontignac :D
Nothing is so effective in keeping one young and full of lust as a discriminating palate thoroughly satisfied at least once a day.

paulsa

Rockford BP secondary market

Post by paulsa »

As already mentioned the CD limit of BP has been dropped to 3 bottles in an attempt by Rockfords to reduce flippers selling to the secondary market trade of the BP.
There generally appears to be a large secondary market of the current BP during any year (have you seen the amount of 2004 BP dozen lots recently sold?) and the limit has always been 6 bottles at CD or stonewallers room.
Some SA residents may make several trips to CD each year, however I reckon these people would be the minority secondary market sellers.
However, I believe that certain restaurants receive reasonably larger allocations of BP at a slight discount to CD prices.
Some of these SA restaurants would charge a reasonably lesser price then many Eastern state restaurants (who are the likely buyers on the secondary market) and they could make the equivalent profit by selling at auction rather then thru restaurant trade.
Have Rockfords considered that restaurants might be selling on the secondary market? maybe restaurant allocations should also be limited?

Elvispga

Post by Elvispga »

My order this year includes BP, Black Shiraz, Vine Vale, Alicante Bouchet, Rifle Range and Marion Tawny.

Yum Yum.

dazza1968

cd allocations

Post by dazza1968 »

I must say i was pleased to see Rockfords trying to stop the people trying to profitier from the resale of their wines at auction by reducing the cellar door limit rather than putting the price of their wine up to remove this occurring in the market place :shock:
Some people slurp it,others swill it,a few sip on it,some gaze at it for hours ,enough now wheres the RED

DaveB

Post by DaveB »

I had a look at the wines at Rockford on Sunday. The '05 BP is a lovely wine. More structured than the 2004, bright fruit and lovely acidity....the Vine Vale Riesling was very impressive....quite textured in the mouth and a lovely drink.

The '07 Disgorged Black Shiraz I thought had a wee bit too much residual sugar but horses for courses I guess.....the 2000 SVS Hoffman is a bruiser...very tarry and concentrated...has more in common with the Three Rivers wines than the current direction the Rockford wines are taking.

DavidL

Post by DavidL »

Hi Dave How do you rate the SVS Hofmann? What is the price? Good value for the money? thanks David

bacchaebabe

Post by bacchaebabe »

I'll be getting 6 * BP, 3 * Sparkling Black and 12 * Alicant Bouchet (my summer quaffer). That's my usual order unless the Rifle Range is exceptional like in 02.
Cheers,
Kris

There's a fine wine between pleasure and pain
(Stolen from the graffiti in the ladies loos at Pegasus Bay winery)

DavidL

Post by DavidL »

Has anyone tried the current release Rifle Range Cab Sav?

DavidL

Post by DavidL »

anyone tried the releases

griff

Post by griff »

DavidL wrote:anyone tried the releases

Steady boy! :) Pretty sure they heard you the first two times.

cheers

Carl
Bartenders are supposed to have people skills. Or was it people are supposed to have bartending skills?

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

BP, Black Shiraz, Rifle Range - including the 375ml, Alicante and some more 04 Rod & Spur. Will pick up some more Alicante and PS Marion on my next visit.

the rod & spur is conspicuous by its absence from the other posts - is this not liked as much or do punters have enough of the 04 and are waiting for the 05?

damian

griff

Post by griff »

Ralph wrote:BP, Black Shiraz, Rifle Range - including the 375ml, Alicante and some more 04 Rod & Spur. Will pick up some more Alicante and PS Marion on my next visit.

the rod & spur is conspicuous by its absence from the other posts - is this not liked as much or do punters have enough of the 04 and are waiting for the 05?

damian

It wasn't a new release. This is from another post,

Rod & Spur is the 04 model at the moment. Had this a month ago and was very shiraz dominant at the time with pure lifted fruit with violets on the nose even. Tannin was super fine. While the wine had great structure it wasn't overly grippy. Finish should lengthen in time. Drink this now for at least another 5 to 7 years while waiting for the 04 Basket press to develop.

I would say the value buy in the range. Wasn't impressed with the initial couple of vintages but this vintage was a step up for me.

cheers

Carl
Bartenders are supposed to have people skills. Or was it people are supposed to have bartending skills?

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Ordered the regulation 6 BP and 6 Black Shiraz. I will try the rest of the range at cellar door soon and may buy more then. I am quite keen to look at the 07 Vine Vale Riesling, 05 Rifle Road and the SVS available.
Premierships and great wine... that is what life is all about

Nick

Post by Nick »

Went up to the cellar door on Saturday, was particularly impressed with the 07 Vine Vale Riesling, 05 Basket Press and 00 Hoffman SVS. Agree with DaveB on the Hoffman, it is a beast of a wine, but I loved the dense blackberry & blackcurrant on the palate. Bought a couple of bottles & drank one that night, immensely enjoyable over a few hours, probably at its best in 5-10 years I'd think. Certainly not one for the faint-hearted!

Cheers
Nick

tonsta

Post by tonsta »

Can anyone purchase these wines right now or do you need to be a Stonewaller?

Nick

Post by Nick »

Hi tonsta,

I think not only do you have to be a Stonewaller, but in some cases (like the SVS wines) you might even have to physically go to the cellar door (the current SVS isn't on the Stonewallers order form I received last week). The Basket Press & Vine Vale are at this stage only available to Stonewallers and the Basket Press goes on sale to everyone else at Cellar Door around March.

Cheers
Nick

tonsta

Post by tonsta »

Cheers Nick, that's what I thought. Maybe someday I'll be fortunate enough to get promoted to the elite..... :wink:

dazza1968

arrival

Post by dazza1968 »

8) I just received my order today.......................HEEEEE HAAAA :!: Now we Just need to grow a bit older before we sample them.... :wink:
Some people slurp it,others swill it,a few sip on it,some gaze at it for hours ,enough now wheres the RED