Quiz - which cellar door?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Gustav

Quiz - which cellar door?

Post by Gustav »

Thought I'd add a little quiz. Quite easy propably, but who knows? I took a picture inside a cellar door I visited this weekend. Which CD did I visit?

Gustav - the visiting Norwegian

monghead

Post by monghead »

Hiya Gustav,

Thought it was Clonakilla at first, but knew that you were in Barossa this week-end. With that bottle and label in the picture, it wouldn't be Spinifex would it?

Cheers,

Monghead

Gustav

Post by Gustav »

I was indeed in the Barossa Valley this weekend and it is a Spinifex bottle, but not the Spinifex CD. Keep on guessing!

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Don't reckon there is a Spinifex cellar door as such, is there?
Cheers
Wayno

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

Gustav

Post by Gustav »

It seems like Spinifex doesn't have a CD, at least they don't mention any on their website. I'll give some clues to the quiz:
- The CD is an old stone house (once a stable I think)
- One of their wines is especially popular and rare/exclusive

GravyMaker

Rockford

Post by GravyMaker »

Wouldn't be Rockford would it Gustav?

Brett
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Frank Sinatra

Gustav

Post by Gustav »

Correct! It's indeed Rockfords cellar door. Very nice. Not as polished as many of the other CDs. Very cozy. I guess they haven't bothered cleaning it lately though :lol: , at least not hard-to-reach places. I tasted the Riesling'06, Semillon'06 (twice, the first bottle was corked and I was a little disappointed that the staff hadn't notice because the bottle had been opened before I arrived for sure), the Rod&Spur Shiraz Cabernet'05 and a CD only vintage port'99. The Riesling was very good, with especially good nose, but the vintage port was just excellent! A massive port with loads of condensed black fruit and tar. After loading the kids in the car ten minutes after tasting the port, the taste still lingered in my mouth so I had to run back and buy a bottle ($65). I'll return in march to buy the mystic and exclusive (to me at least) Basket Press.