Ready to Post

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
L plater

Ready to Post

Post by L plater »

Hi all,

I've been a long time lurker here - since 2003 I think (under the old format). At the time I posted a couple of 'what are the best reds under $25' posts, then decided to shut up and just drink wine for a while.

Since then I've become a fan of the mixed dozen, often with suggestions from here, and hopefully have developed my palate to the point of making some worthwhile TNs

Some money this year and a week long trip to SA sparked my decision to finally get my cellar going. That my tour highlights were Torbreck and Two Hands probably reveal my tastes.

Having said that, my cellar has started with six packs of WirraWirra RSW, Angelus and Taylors St Andrews Cab - thanks to a 30% off sale and some unexpected money. The StAndrews and Angelus were my WOTN at a recent big cabernet tasting(along with the Godolphin). The RSW I must admit to buying on Halliday and friend's advice, but I have had previous vintage and generally enjoy their style. The rest of my cellar consists of ones or twos of classic big name aussie reds, in addition to Quaffers.

Hope to start posting some tasting notes in coming weeks.

While I'm here - just got a letter from Kabminye releasing their Zinfandel - remember positive comments here a couple of months ago, unfortunately they didn't have it available when i went in May (but did have a great tasting experience there). Is it worth the $ ?

Craig

BillMac

Post by BillMac »

"Hope to start posting some tasting notes in coming weeks. "

Will you be on your P's after that :wink:

L plater

Post by L plater »

Might have problems with the breathalyser :shock:

Ian S

Post by Ian S »

Craig
Look forward to the notes and feel free to post freely and however you want to post them. Always good to see TN's on wines from a variety of sources.
regards
Ian

Dr - 307

Post by Dr - 307 »

Ian,
Well said. That's what I'm talking about in my last post. Bring on the tasting notes Craig. You mention some wines that I'm truly interested in.
Cheers,
Dr - 307.

GravyMaker

Re: Ready to Post

Post by GravyMaker »

L plater wrote:That my tour highlights were Torbreck and Two Hands probably reveal my tastes.

Craig

Now you're talkin....

:) :)
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Frank Sinatra

L plater

Post by L plater »

Thanks guys -

I will drink my weekend wines with a pen and paper handy!

GraemeG

Post by GraemeG »

L plater wrote:Thanks guys -

I will drink my weekend wines with a pen and paper handy!

And the other 4 years of TNs - we're keen to read those too... :)
cheers,
Graeme