WA Trip

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Anonymous

WA Trip

Post by Anonymous »

Hello

Well I am excited to say the least, at the start of July I am touring through the southern coast of WA for 2 weeks. Part of the trip is dedictaed to seeing some of the wineries in the area ranging from Albany right around to Perth.
My knowledge of the area is limited to a few bottles I have tasted over the years so I extend an offer to you all to offload any information you can offer.
If you have visted any cellar doors which you can recommend, tasted a wine which tickled your fancy or any other titbit.
In return I may be able to help with the Clare Valley as I live and work in the area.

cheers
Matt

dkw

Post by dkw »

Hi Matt

If you're going to visit Denmark/Walpole and do the treetop walk and visit the Karri forest, check out Somerset Hill winery. I haven't been there for a while but they did a very good Pinot a few years ago.

On the way to Margaret River make sure you travel through Pemberton, and check out Salitage and Picardy while you're there.

Otherwise, in Margaret River there are plenty of great wineries along Caves Road and its off-shoots (try Woodlands, Cullen, Juniper...). Book yourself a table at Sienna's one evening (on the turn-off to Smith's Beach), for some good French-inspired food.

There are plenty of others more qualified to give you wine suggestions, so I'll leave the rest to them.

Cheers,

Dave.

naomi

Post by naomi »

I am going to WA later in the year too, and I recently posted pretty much the same question. Check out http://forum.auswine.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=6631 to see the replies I got.

Hunter Man

Post by Hunter Man »

http://forum.auswine.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=6640

got back about 6 weeks ago. Denmark is the buisness.