Radford Dale Eden Valley Shiraz 04

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
GrahamB

Radford Dale Eden Valley Shiraz 04

Post by GrahamB »

This wine has been around for a few months now and I have seen very few comments.

What about the black tongues? It seems to be a wine which would qualify for one of your tastings.

I am mightily impressed with this newcomer to Barossa - high altitude wines.

Has anyone else tried them and have an opinion? Brian, Ric, Steve.

Graham
Chardonnay: A drink you have when there is no RED wine, the beer hasn't arrived and the water may be polluted

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Yeh, I'd love to hear more about these guys too.

On my recent trip to Brisbane, I missed out on a taste, but heard very good things about it. As a closet Eden Valley fan, I'm very interested to hear about this wine. Tasting notes or impressions anyone?

Cheers,
Max
-----
Avant d’être bon, un vin doit être vrai

Red Bigot

Re: Radford Dale Eden Valley Shiraz 04

Post by Red Bigot »

GrahamB wrote:This wine has been around for a few months now and I have seen very few comments.

What about the black tongues? It seems to be a wine which would qualify for one of your tastings.

I am mightily impressed with this newcomer to Barossa - high altitude wines.

Has anyone else tried them and have an opinion? Brian, Ric, Steve.

Graham

If you like it, what does it really matter what anyone else thinks of it? ;-)

I've never seen the wine, they aren't in the current JH boo and I can't find it listed for sale via wine-searcher, so unless they send Ric or Campbell or GW a sample bottle to try I don't like your chances of seeing too many other reviews.
Cheers
Brian
Life's too short to drink white wine and red wine is better for you too! :-)

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

Brian

You're right. What does it matter what others think of this wine. I like it so the rest don't matter.

I am just surprised that those forum members who live in the "centre of the wine world" where this wine is made have not seen it. It is readily available here in the Smart State.

I also use this forum as a resource to find new wines that I might not try were they not recommended by forum members and was keen to put forward a wine that I believe to be great value.

A google search has found that these boys, Ben Radfors and Alex Dale are also making wines in Sth Africa under a similar label.

Certainly worth trying for a very intense Eden Valley shiraz.

Graham
Chardonnay: A drink you have when there is no RED wine, the beer hasn't arrived and the water may be polluted

Adair

Post by Adair »

GrahamB wrote:I am just surprised that those forum members who live in the "centre of the wine world" where this wine is made have not seen it. It is readily available here in the Smart State.

This might have to do with the fact that the bloke distributing them currently works in Brisbane... one Travis O’Callaghan... contact email: withwine@bigpond.net.au if you want further information about the wines. He probably knows a good vineyard or two around the Barossa! :wink:

Adair
Wine is bottled poetry.

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

Adair wrote:
GrahamB wrote:I am just surprised that those forum members who live in the "centre of the wine world" where this wine is made have not seen it. It is readily available here in the Smart State.

This might have to do with the fact that the bloke distributing them currently works in Brisbane... one Travis O’Callaghan... contact email: withwine@bigpond.net.au if you want further information about the wines. He probably knows a good vineyard or two around the Barossa! :wink:

Adair

Adair

I have attended wine tastings with Travis and WithWine and think that he has one of if not the best portfolio of Barossa wines. Throw in Laughing Jack from Shaun Kalleske and I could be in heaven.

As for putting the WithWine name on this forum, I thought it a bit rude to abuse Gavin's good nature by advertising another seller.

My intention was to gauge the opinions of other like minded consumers but as Brian said, "as long as I like it".

Graham

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

I had some of this a couple of months ago, by the glass at the Victory Hotel. I'd never heard of it, but it was pretty good stuff.

Kieran
"In the wine of life, some of us are destined to be cork sniffers." - Dilbert

lantana

Post by lantana »

[/quote]As for putting the WithWine name on this forum, I thought it a bit rude to abuse Gavin's good nature by advertising another seller.
Graham[/quote]

Isn't this guy a wholesaler not a retailer, in which case Gavin can buy the wine from him to sell to you? If he's not a wholesaler I'll shut up now. Is he related to Rocky O?

lantana

Gavin Trott

Post by Gavin Trott »

lantana wrote:
As for putting the WithWine name on this forum, I thought it a bit rude to abuse Gavin's good nature by advertising another seller.
Graham[/quote]

Isn't this guy a wholesaler not a retailer, in which case Gavin can buy the wine from him to sell to you? If he's not a wholesaler I'll shut up now. Is he related to Rocky O?

lantana[/quote]

He's a wholesaler, hence me not fussing too much about the link.
regards

Gavin Trott

Adair

Post by Adair »

GrahamB wrote:As for putting the WithWine name on this forum, I thought it a bit rude to abuse Gavin's good nature by advertising another seller.
So you were just being yet another parochial Queenslander! :)

Lantana, yes, Travis is one of Robert's sons.

Adair
Wine is bottled poetry.

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

Adair wrote:
GrahamB wrote:As for putting the WithWine name on this forum, I thought it a bit rude to abuse Gavin's good nature by advertising another seller.
So you were just being yet another parochial Queenslander! :)

Lantana, yes, Travis is one of Robert's sons.

Adair

How does my statement that you quoted make me yet another parochial Queenslander?

If you meant the bit about the smart state then it should have been included and I would understand your post.

Graham

Adair

Post by Adair »

Yes. Sorry for any confusion. A bit of State versus State rivalry before tomorrow night (just quietly, I am a bit worried about the likely result). I felt the statement that I quoted showed that you actually knew everything that I knew already as to why you would have tasted the wines but others, including those in Adelaide, would not.
No seriousness intended. On with the game.
Adair
Wine is bottled poetry.

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

Adair wrote:Yes. Sorry for any confusion. A bit of State versus State rivalry before tomorrow night (just quietly, I am a bit worried about the likely result). I felt the statement that I quoted showed that you actually knew everything that I knew already as to why you would have tasted the wines but others, including those in Adelaide, would not.
No seriousness intended. On with the game.
Adair

You are correct that when it comes to sport... Queenslanders love to beat cockroaches. But that is surpassed when it comes to Australia v England or Australia v New Zealend. Then we will embrace any coc .. NSWelshman who pulls on an Australian jersey.

Graham

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

It is great to be a Queenslander. Even if the video ref was the blues man of the match.

Adair

Post by Adair »

GrahamB wrote:It is great to be a Queenslander. Even if the video ref was the blues man of the match.
Again, the ref stuffed up a game. Once the score was 14-4, I actually was going for Queensland, as there is no point winning the way we went from 4-4 to 14-4, then once Queensland got to the lead, I went back for the Blues. I do not feel too bad losing to Queensland this time.
Adair
Wine is bottled poetry.

Gavin Trott

Post by Gavin Trott »

Adair wrote:
GrahamB wrote:It is great to be a Queenslander. Even if the video ref was the blues man of the match.
Again, the ref stuffed up a game. Once the score was 14-4, I actually was going for Queensland, as there is no point winning the way we went from 4-4 to 14-4, then once Queensland got to the lead, I went back for the Blues. I do not feel too bad losing to Queensland this time.
Adair

I don't even follow, or completely understand the game, but the decisions!!! :roll: were staggering.

And not just from the guy out there, but from up top with numerous replays!

Well done from there QLD
regards

Gavin Trott