The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
tex0403

Post by tex0403 »

Good afternoon I have been lurking around this forum for well over a year now so I thought it was high time that i become more involved.
i have enjoyed reading all your tasting notes and experiences and look forward to posting my own each week in torb's sunday drinking report.

Just a little bit about myself, I'm 24 years old and studying wine making at university (so hopefully i will be making wines that you will enjoy in the coming years). I enjoy both reds and whites but reds are my preference.

I would also like to become more involved in tastings around the Adelaide scene so If anyone would like to take me under their wing I would be more than happy.
I would also like to meet people off this site that i could have regular tasting nights with.

Look forward to talking with you all.

Gavin Trott

Re: new member

Post by Gavin Trott »

tex0403 wrote:Good afternoon I have been lurking around this forum for well over a year now so I thought it was high time that i become more involved.
i have enjoyed reading all your tasting notes and experiences and look forward to posting my own each week in torb's sunday drinking report.

Just a little bit about myself, I'm 24 years old and studying wine making at university (so hopefully i will be making wines that you will enjoy in the coming years). I enjoy both reds and whites but reds are my preference.

I would also like to become more involved in tastings around the Adelaide scene so If anyone would like to take me under their wing I would be more than happy.
I would also like to meet people off this site that i could have regular tasting nights with.

Look forward to talking with you all.

Welcome to the forum.

I run regular auswine tasting panels, perhaps you may enjoy coming along to one of those as a 'guest' taster?

Entry fee is very reasonable! :wink:
regards

Gavin Trott

markg

Post by markg »

Put me down, I havn't been to an offline for ages and am starting to get the shakes :(
Cheers
-Mark Wickman

WICKMAN'S FINE WINE AUCTIONS
FREE membership, LOWEST auction commissions in Australia.
Now accepting wine for our next auction.
http://www.wickman.net.au

Twitter: @WickWine
YouTube: WickWineAuction

Andrew Jordan

Re: new member

Post by Andrew Jordan »

tex0403 wrote:Just a little bit about myself, I'm 24 years old and studying wine making at university (so hopefully i will be making wines that you will enjoy in the coming years). I enjoy both reds and whites but reds are my preference.

Tex,

Welcome to the board. Looking forward to reading about some of your wine making experiences over the coming months! Just make sure that when you hit the bigtime as a wine-maker you remember your friends and give us HUGE discounts on your wines. :wink: :D 8)
Cheers
AJ

Cabernet is ... and will always be ... KING!

crusty2

Post by crusty2 »

I am involved in a small group that meets last monday of each month at a central Adelaide Hotel, usually with a winemaker or some knowlegeable person, on a theme emailed to guests/members a week in advance. Therefoe you can pick and choose your preference.
Not trying to take business from our host but the more variety in life the wiser we become in our purchases and, in my case, more funds outlayed per purchase.
Message via this site and i will forward details (if that is ok with our host).
Drink the wine, not the label.