99 E and E Ebenezer Shiraz and other 99s

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
gbrawley

99 E and E Ebenezer Shiraz and other 99s

Post by gbrawley »

I have noticed that the 99 vintage shirazes that I have held the past couple of years are sure developing well. Not expecting too much from the vintage since the highly touted 98, this has been quite a pleasant surprise. Just open the above 99 and love it. Is this true of many other 99s from Barossa and McLaren Vale? Thanks for your comments. :lol:

Red Bigot

Post by Red Bigot »

I think you will find a fair bit of support here for the 99 Barossa (and maybe McLaren Vale) reds. There are varying stories of some of the much-hyped 98 reds starting to tire and go flabby already and just as many stories like yours of the 99 reds starting to blossom and show some staying power.

Personally I haven't had many problems with the 98 reds I bought (there are always some that don't turn out the way you expect from any vintage), apart from the fact that I bought too many and some will be ready to drink before I'm ready to drink them. I bought a lot less 99 reds, but I'm pretty happy with the way they are coming along, some will easily outlive the equivalent 98's I think.
Cheers
Brian
Life's too short to drink white wine and red wine is better for you too! :-)

Post by Guest »

I found most 99s to be very good. When 98s are good they are great, but more variation.