Directory of Australian Wineries?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
BobFoster

Directory of Australian Wineries?

Post by BobFoster »

I've just accepted a position as Director of the Pacific Rim International Wine Competition (or as most of you would say, Wine Show) held in Southern California in March The competition, in its 21st year, is open to any winery on the Pacific Rim including, of course, all Australian and New Zealand wineries. When we send out the invitations for the 2006 competition, I want to invite as many of the Aussie wineries as possible. Is there a book or publication that lists all (or almost all ) of them including mailing address and e mail addresses? There is one for the US, Canada and Mexico but I need to find a similar Aussie reference work. Thanks in advance

Bob Foster, San Diego, Ca

Nayan

Post by Nayan »

Bob,

Congratulations on the new job.

Two references for you are:

The Australian and New Zealand Wine Industry Directory, published by WineTitles
http://www.winetitles.com.au/wid/current.asp

and, Toni Paterson website
http://www.winediva.com.au

Hope this helps.

Regards

Nayan

KMP

Post by KMP »

Bob

Congratulations! Sounds like you are planning a BIG tasting. Hope there is a fortifieds group?

In addition to Nayan's couple there is also The Wine Guide listing for Australian wineries. See here. I don't think its as complete as the WineDiva list but the problem is that I'm not sure how up-to-date any listing will be.

Halliday's 2006 Wine Companion may also be a good source.

Of course another thing to consider is that we do get wines in the USA that are made for this market so it might be useful to contact the USA office of the Australian Wine & Brandy Corp. They have a listing of Australian Wineries in the USA and a list of distributors who would be a good source of the wines themselves.

Mike