Like to play host?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
wineguy

Like to play host?

Post by wineguy »

Hi everyone, I recently started offering my services around Adelaide helping people host tasting functions. So I thought I would let everyone here know that if you in the greater Adelaide area and are interested in hosting a tasting event with your friends, social/sporting club or office please message me, I would be happy to help out. I can supply the glasses and the wines, courtesy of Stonyfell Cellars, you supply the place and your friends. It easy and fun! Message me, the wineguy, if you're interested. :)
"Life's too short to drink bad wine."

TORB

Post by TORB »

Speaking about "hosts" - it may have failed to come to your attention, that this forum, is run by, and paid for, by an Adelaide based wine etailer.

I am sure he would be very happy to sell some of the wine he stocks to the Adelaide reader of the forum. :wink:
Cheers
Ric
TORBWine

Christo

Post by Christo »

TORB wrote:Speaking about "hosts" - it may have failed to come to your attention, that this forum, is run by, and paid for, by an Adelaide based wine etailer.

I am sure he would be very happy to sell some of the wine he stocks to the Adelaide reader of the forum. :wink:

Good call!!

Christo

Post by Guest »

Hey Wineguy, how about telling us who YOU are and a bit of background?

wineguy

A reply

Post by wineguy »

Well, I dont recall mentioning selling any wines to anyone, only asking if people are interested in hosting evenings about wine. This is a wine forum right? I mentioned Stonyfell because thats where I buy my cleanskins from when I host events with my friends. Wine is supposed to be a social drink for anyone not just reserved for those that are active enthusiasts.

wineguy

Post by wineguy »

Hey Wineguy, how about telling us who YOU are and a bit of background?

Only happy too.

Im a young wine enthusiast who recently joined this forum and wanted to try to get involved with the Adelaide wine community as I recently moved here. I hope their reception is a little warmer than the one I've been given here so far. I enjoy discussing wine with like minded people and Im sure there are some here. If Ive given the wrong impression by asking about helping people host their own events, never asking for money, then I apologise. But I dont see why people have to get agro about it.

GraemeG

Post by GraemeG »

wineguy wrote: If Ive given the wrong impression by asking about helping people host their own events, never asking for money, then I apologise. But I dont see why people have to get agro about it.

Reading your initial post with a jaundiced eye, it was capable of giving the impression that you were offering a la Vintage Cellars, etc. to "supply wines and glasses for your party"; which service invariably comes with a charge.

All wine fora at some time or another have been hit by people offering commercial services, but posing as ordinary contributors, and regular contributors' antennea tend to be fairly finely tuned for such things. (Not to mention that this site is actually run by a retailer as well - so it rather looks like putting your advert in a competitor's window!).

Such magnanimity as your offer apparently constitutes is quite unusual, that's all, hence the suspicions. If you are 'kosher', then that's fine.

cheers,
Graeme

Guest 707

Post by Guest 707 »

Does "wineguy" have a name?

Steve