TN: Howard Park Allingham Chardonnay 2016.

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Waiters Friend

TN: Howard Park Allingham Chardonnay 2016.

Post by Waiters Friend »

G'day

Last time I tried one of these was part of a vertical tasting in 2021. Here's the notes from then:

Howard Park Allingham Chardonnay 2016: Light yellow. The nose is superbly balanced, with stone fruits, citrus and oak all present but none dominating. The palate is complex, with peach, citrus, melon and cashews. Great length. This is in a really good place, with fruit, oak, acid and secondary development all in balance. Wine of the bracket (10 votes), and personally, my wine of the day.

So, why have I left it three years to open another one? I can't answer that, but I can rectify it.

Medium yellow in colour. Apart from the moderately deepened colour, little has changed in three years - perhaps more developed flavours, and if anything, greater richness and mouthfeel. Slightly less citrus, and slightly more stone fruits, and still lots happening especially on the palate. Above all, still wonderfully balanced, and in great condition. I'm delighted that I still have a few more bottles.

Cheers
Allan

Allingham.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wine, women and song. Ideally, you can experience all three at once.