TN: Howard Park Abercrombie Cabernet Sauvignon 2007

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Waiters Friend

TN: Howard Park Abercrombie Cabernet Sauvignon 2007

Post by Waiters Friend »

G'day

I hosted a vertical of the Howard Park Abercrombie in 2020 https://forum.auswine.club/viewtopic.php?p=1 ... ie#p163209 but the 2007 wasn't in the line-up. This would have been purchased at a HP tasting sometime since 2020, and this is the first one I have opened from that purchase. Decanted 3-4 hours before service.

Deep purple-black in colour and quite dense. Powerful and voluminous nose of sweet blackberries, cassis, vanilla pod, mulberry jam, leather polish, dried herbs and chocolate. The palate is equally complex, with the more savoury characters overtaking the fruits. Tannins are integrated and supportive rather than dominant, and the acid is soft and providing freshness, and adding to the considerable length.

Well balanced - my only comment would be that the fruit fades slightly on the finish. An excellent wine, with the nose being marginally more interesting than the palate.

Cheers
Allan
HP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wine, women and song. Ideally, you can experience all three at once.

Mike Hawkins

Re: TN: Howard Park Abercrombie Cabernet Sauvignon 2007

Post by Mike Hawkins »

I had a bottle of the 96 last week and it was superb. The best glass was the last, about 4 hours after opening. One of my favourite WA wines….