Future wines/wineries

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
saturn5519

Future wines/wineries

Post by saturn5519 »

Hello fellow wine lovers
What wines would you like to see become more fashionable in todays world?
Myself i would like to see more Fortifieds on the market.
And also more Semillons aged or young.There's just not enough of this very
underated wine out there.

Ian S

Re: Future wines/wineries

Post by Ian S »

Fortifieds are often superb, but have become rather unfashionable - along with sweet/dessert wines, which can themselves be utterly stunning.
Hunter semillon certainly a pain to get hold of in the UK - always has been :cry: . I'd love to try Seppelts' Drumborg riesling, which I've never seen over here (and I also never saw the Dorrien)

I'll add some Italian curios: Fumin from valle d'aosta in Italy (above Piemonte), Vespolina from Northern Piemonte, Nero di Troia (typically seen in Castel del Monte in Puglia), Brachetto from Piemonte, Timorasso from Derthona in Piemonte, Nosiola from Trentino (especially the dessert wines), Ruche from Piemonte (and Freisa also).

JDSJDS

Post by JDSJDS »

I don't want any wine to become highly fashionable, as that always means I will not be able to afford it....

JamieAdelaide

Post by JamieAdelaide »

Mature and balanced wines! When I started out tannic structure was critiqued and often misunderstood in terms of balance and aging. Barolo a great example- the boards would often bemoan Wendouree for being too tannic yet they hadn’t discovered Barolo! Anyways we’ve gone full circle and wines are made in softened styles and with more immediacy. I don’t like it.