2015 cote de beaune … questions

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Jimmy1974

2015 cote de beaune … questions

Post by Jimmy1974 »

Hi all I’m new to this forum so bear with me…. I have a bottle of 2015 Francois De Nicolay Cote De Beaune that has been in my possession for a few years now. I’m not a wine drinker and it would seem a waste just to open it up for the sake of drinking… and from what I’ve read online it is someone what of a special wine. So for all the experts here, how much would it be worth and if anyone here is interested in purchasing it… drop me a message.

Cheers
J.

sjw_11
Site Admin

Re: 2015 cote de beaune … questions

Post by sjw_11 »

Hi there,
It doesn't look like Francois de Nicolay make any wine just labelled Cote de Beaune... if you have the one called "La Grand Chatelaine" then it is worth about $40 US it would seem.

I would note that selling wine directly in Australia is not legal unless you possess a liquor license. I suggest if you want to sell it you use one of the auction houses, but considering the value why not just give it to a friend who does like wine?
------------------------------------
Sam

phillisc

Post by phillisc »

Or drink it yourself and enjoy a new experience :wink:
Cheers Craig
Tomorrow will be a good day

JamieAdelaide

Post by JamieAdelaide »

What’s special about it? A $40 special Burgundy- back up the truck?

Ian S

Post by Ian S »

A waste to open up wine just for drinking?!! That is the whole point of wine - it is meant for drinking, despite some losing sight of that, as they lose sight of its value in serving that purpose (vs. the value in the 'prestige' it may project).

Open the bottle with some roast duck (or other game bird), with little thought other than it being a minor 'life experience'.