Forum Future

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Gavin Trott

Forum Future

Post by Gavin Trott »

Hello All

I have now run the auswine forum for as long as I can remember, since before I even started in business, so certainly 20 – 25 years, probably more. Its actually one of the ‘older’ original web sites on the WWW I reckon?!?!
Its always been free, so everything at my expense, in $ terms, and in time terms.

I’ve certainly ‘met’ some interesting characters along the way, and had my share of needing to ‘moderate’, as some people, on forums seem not to be able to discuss and debate, and have someone disagree with them, without it seeming to become personal.

This seems to be happening again, and, well, I’m just a bit tired I reckon.

So, I’ve decided that that is enough for me, ready to retire from it.

If anyone is interested to take it over, please think about it, and let me know and I can help with moving the forum, passing you the domaine perhaps, and a bit about how its run (or not, if you don’t need any help! :--)

Alternatively, if no one is interested in taking it over, then I think I’ll just close it, and move on.

Let me know what you think?
regards

Gavin Trott

cuttlefish

Re: Forum Future

Post by cuttlefish »

Gavin,

Thank you for having offered and run it all for us for so long!

I've met many wonderful people through here.

Cf.
Smack my [insert grape type here] up !

mychurch

Post by mychurch »

Cant see an Admin thread, so I'll post this here

Under Private Messages I can see a number of messages in my outbox that dont appear in the Sent folder. Have these messages actually been sent ?
This is my church, this is where I heal my hurts.
For tonight, God is the Auswine Wine Forum

Michael McNally

Post by Michael McNally »

mychurch wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:51 am Cant see an Admin thread, so I'll post this here

Under Private Messages I can see a number of messages in my outbox that dont appear in the Sent folder. Have these messages actually been sent ?
Yes, they just haven't been seen by the people you sent them to yet.

That's my understanding anyway.

Kind regards

Michael
Bonum Vinum Laetificat Cor Hominis