TN: La Braccesca Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano 2015

Italy, Italian Wine, Italian Food, Travel to and within Italy ... all things Italian
Waiters Friend

TN: La Braccesca Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano 2015

Post by Waiters Friend »

Deep purple black in colour and quite opaque. Complex nose of soft red berries, cocoa powder, dark cherries, slight earthiness, and some herbs (esp. oregano). The palate is really interesting - fresh and bright, medium bodied, but with fine grippy tannins similar to a Nebbiolo, There's more of the herbs and bright red fruit (in a fruit salad way), especially cherry, modest oak, and a slightly medicinal (in a good way) flavour, leading to a surprisingly full finish. The palate is almost more savoury, especially on the finish, than the nose would suggest.

I've not had a Vino Nobile for some time, and this is pretty good for a reasonably inexpensive example. I'm surprised by how many different elements have been crammed into the glass.

Cheers
Allan
Wine, women and song. Ideally, you can experience all three at once.

DaveS

Re: TN: La Braccesca Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano 2015

Post by DaveS »

Waiters Friend wrote:Deep purple black in colour and quite opaque. Complex nose of soft red berries, cocoa powder, dark cherries, slight earthiness, and some herbs (esp. oregano). The palate is really interesting - fresh and bright, medium bodied, but with fine grippy tannins similar to a Nebbiolo, There's more of the herbs and bright red fruit (in a fruit salad way), especially cherry, modest oak, and a slightly medicinal (in a good way) flavour, leading to a surprisingly full finish. The palate is almost more savoury, especially on the finish, than the nose would suggest.

I've not had a Vino Nobile for some time, and this is pretty good for a reasonably inexpensive example. I'm surprised by how many different elements have been crammed into the glass.

Cheers
Allan
Also had this recently Allan. Lovely Vino Nobile for the price. You don’t see many arrive in Oz so it’s nice to bring back some Tuscan memories with this. Was better on day 2 I thought.

Waiters Friend

Re: TN: La Braccesca Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano 2015

Post by Waiters Friend »

DaveS wrote: Also had this recently Allan. Lovely Vino Nobile for the price. You don’t to test that theory with. see many arrive in Oz so it’s nice to bring back some Tuscan memories with this. Was better on day 2 I thought.
Mine didn't last that long. Just as well I have another bottle
Wine, women and song. Ideally, you can experience all three at once.