TN: 2013 Luigi Giusti Lacrima di Morro d'Alba Rubbjano

Italy, Italian Wine, Italian Food, Travel to and within Italy ... all things Italian
Ian S

TN: 2013 Luigi Giusti Lacrima di Morro d'Alba Rubbjano

Post by Ian S »

• 2013 Luigi Giusti Lacrima di Morro d'Alba Rubbjano - Italy, Marche, Lacrima di Morro d'Alba (05/08/2018)
    A quick sniff of the cork, and there was a definite musty aroma, suggesting TCA. However as can sometimes happen, that's not replicated in the wine itself.

The colour is unsurprisingly youthful and reasonably dense purple, whilst the nose like a brambly fruit accented muscat. Quite rich but herby blackberry to the fore on the palate, supported by quite strident acidity. Hints of muscat-like flavour fleet in and out giving a little more complexity to an enjoyable but quite straightforward wine. Some light but grainy tannins lurk in the background, adding to the grip from the acidity.

Enjoyable, but perhaps surprisingly the wine doesn't get me excited. I'm tempted to say it might be good to leave for some more short-term cellaring, and it has the elements to age, though I've no idea where it would end up. At the moment I find the elements a little disconnected, to the point it feels like a bit of a clash, or at least 'neither one thing nor another'.
    [img]https://cdn.ct-static.com/labels/775941.jpg[/img]