Birthday lineup

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Loztralia

Birthday lineup

Post by Loztralia »

I haven't posted here for literally years as I must admit I've not been in a position to buy much (good) wine - had a child, bought a house, life intervened and so forth - and I must confess I've dropped a bit out of the loop. But I recently had my 40th birthday party and thought there might be some interest in seeing the lineup I pulled out of the cellar for the weekend.

This was the first eleven (plus subs, and the coach Senor Tequila):
20180706_162203.jpg
To be fair, we didn't manage to get through all of them but some decent inroads were made.

My wife requested that we start with the 2004 Heytesbury. It was our wedding wine (at the top table, anyway!) and was hard to top. Particular notice in my mind to the brace of Clonakillas - I've read a couple of times that people have been disappointed with how they've developed but both the 2008 and 2009 were rocking so far as I'm concerned. I nearly took one of my precious stock of 2007s but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger alas.

If memory serves the other ones opened were the Rockford Black Shiraz, the Eldridge Estate/Euroa Creeks Shiraz 2006, the Kooyong Estate Pinot 2008 and the Ata Rangi Pinot 2009.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3, 65, 7, 50

Ozzie W

Re: Birthday lineup

Post by Ozzie W »

That's a great line-up. Happy Birthday!