Rockford piece on Adelaide ABC stateline 1/2/13

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
phillisc

Rockford piece on Adelaide ABC stateline 1/2/13

Post by phillisc »

Hi All, for Adelaide people at least there appears to be a nice little story on Robert Rocky O'Callaghan tonight on the ABC stateline program at 7:30.

Its probably about the 40 years of hard work and last 30 years of Rockford plus the recent OAM.

Could be worth a look
Cheers Craig.
Tomorrow will be a good day

ticklenow1

Re: Rockford piece on Adelaide ABC stateline 1/2/13

Post by ticklenow1 »

Wish it was on in Queensland. Should be interesting.

Cheers
Ian
If you had to choose between drinking great wine or winning Lotto, which would you choose - Red or White?

n4sir

Post by n4sir »

For those who missed out on the interview (and those interstate), you can view it online:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-01/r ... section=sa
Forget about goodness and mercy, they're gone.

Luke W

Post by Luke W »

Thanks for putting that in Ian
If you can remember what a wine is like the next day you didn't drink enough of it
Peynaud

ticklenow1

Post by ticklenow1 »

Luke W wrote:Thanks for putting that in Ian

Ditto.

Hope your going OK Ian.

Cheers
Ian
If you had to choose between drinking great wine or winning Lotto, which would you choose - Red or White?

n4sir

Post by n4sir »

Whitey has just posted an article on Rockford that may be of similar interest:

http://drinkster.blogspot.com/2013/01/r ... -away.html
Forget about goodness and mercy, they're gone.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman »

Thanks for posting that video link, appreciated.

crusty2

Post by crusty2 »

This transition business seems a textbook copy of the infernally slow but carefully managed transition from Mike Rann’s premiership of this state to Jay Weatherill’s: by the time the move is complete it will barely be news.

What a load of *><*%t. To compare the media driven Rann with the quiet gentleman Robert is an atrocity. Media Mike would be the antithesis of the Rockford i have experienced over the last 29 years.

phill
Drink the wine, not the label.

rens

Post by rens »

crusty2 wrote:
This transition business seems a textbook copy of the infernally slow but carefully managed transition from Mike Rann’s premiership of this state to Jay Weatherill’s: by the time the move is complete it will barely be news.

What a load of *><*%t. To compare the media driven Rann with the quiet gentleman Robert is an atrocity. Media Mike would be the antithesis of the Rockford i have experienced over the last 29 years.

phill

Make a statement about one side of politics and it is guaranteed to get someone form the other side telling us all what a load of shit it is.
Can we try and keep the forum politically neutral unless politicians are interfering with wine related issues.
Just my 2 cents.
never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

phillisc

Post by phillisc »

rens wrote:
crusty2 wrote:

phill

Make a statement about one side of politics and it is guaranteed to get someone form the other side telling us all what a load of shit it is.
Can we try and keep the forum politically neutral unless politicians are interfering with wine related issues.
Just my 2 cents.

Agree Rens, a political free site is the go...but if I had to say anything about the said politician in question, (I can not even mention his name and the SA taxpayers drain to set up digs in Italy)...actually NEVER represented any side. Just himself.

Bout to go up to Rockford and get some 2010 BP and then need to start saving for Wendouree. That's after getting a few more 2012 Rieslings of course.
Might have to pick out an old BP for birthday drinks tomorrow.

Cheers
Craig

Mahmoud Ali

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

At the Edmonton Whisky Festival a few weeks ago I met a wine agent who quite emphatically insisted that Rockford had been sold. He proceeded to tell me that residential housing was going up in its place. I was skeptical as I would have thought that the news would have been all over the internet and, in particular, this forum. At first I thought the agent has got things confused with the Constellation business but that really is old news and the agent was quite sure this was recent and there would soon be no more Rockford wines.

The next day I checked the Rockford website and all looked normal. I had thought of asking the forum about the story but was too caught up with work and soon forgot about it, until this post reminded me of it.

It was all a mistake wasn't it?

phillisc

Post by phillisc »

Funny how the move to David Kalleske to general manager/CEO and Ben Radford winemaker to manager of winery and vineyard operations is concocted as a sale Mahmoud.

I think all is well and are going up next week...if the gate is locked I will let you know.

Cheers Craig.

Seven

Post by Seven »

Mahmoud Ali wrote:At the Edmonton Whisky Festival a few weeks ago I met a wine agent who quite emphatically insisted that Rockford had been sold. He proceeded to tell me that residential housing was going up in its place. I was skeptical as I would have thought that the news would have been all over the internet and, in particular, this forum. At first I thought the agent has got things confused with the Constellation business but that really is old news and the agent was quite sure this was recent and there would soon be no more Rockford wines.

The next day I checked the Rockford website and all looked normal. I had thought of asking the forum about the story but was too caught up with work and soon forgot about it, until this post reminded me of it.

It was all a mistake wasn't it?

From what I heard is that Rockford has 4 owners and obviously rocky is one of them. He discreetly put his share for sale at $6m sometime last year.

Again this is just what I heard and cannot confirm its authenticity.