Wine industry research

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
labne

Wine industry research

Post by labne »

Hey wine experts,

I am doing some research for a client about the Aus wine industry - the brief is verrrrry broad - basically they want to know what's happening online with wine - who's talking, what about, how various brands perform online (not in terms of sales, but mentions, discussions etc), common threads, lists, blogs, top tweeters, leads and tips.

I realise it's not a very definitive brief - and as such I have uncovered TONS of information - probably too much - but I thought you wine experts might know of a couple of places I could visit easily online to get some more structured data.

Thanks in advance guys!
Labne

dave vino

Re: Wine industry research

Post by dave vino »

morph_associates

Post by morph_associates »

Agreed, AWRI is great. Also this site: http://www.wineaustralia.com/australia/

I sure hope you're charging through the teeth - the online wine market is an horrendous topic to have to search decent, usable information for.

Try emailing the General Managers of some major retailers. They can often be a great assistance, as they have online stores.
---------------
As if wine were my Bible, read on.

labne

Post by labne »

Thanks for the suggestions - agreed it is a horrendous topic to find anything valuable on!!

KMP

Post by KMP »

This is really way too broad a question to address efficiently. You need to nail your client down on what it is they are seeking. Casting such a broad net suggests to me that they don't have a handle on what they view as the Australian wine industry. Are they interested in serious wine drinkers (i.e those that spend time on wine forume etc) or the average wine drinker? Do they really believe that forums, blogs, tweets etc are the best source of info on the industry?

Mike

DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Get copies af various industry publications....WBM (Wine Business Montly), Australian & New Zealand Wine Grower, The Australian Wine Industry Journal, etc....plenty of info in there.

Speak to Peter or Will Fuller at Fuller Comunications in Adelaide about the subject....contact Larry Lockshin the head of wine marketing at UniSA and have a chat to him about it.

Or research it yourself using social media tools such as socialmention.com, Google trends, Twitter Search, Icerocket or Board Tracker.

Good Luck

Dave