Cellar Management Software

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
m_ede

Cellar Management Software

Post by m_ede »

Hi All,

I am looking to transfer my Cellar stock from Paper Base to Software on my Laptop. I am wondering what people use or any recomendations for Paid or Free Cellar Management Software.

Cheers
Mat

Wizz

Re: Cellar Management Software

Post by Wizz »

Hi there,

Just do a search on this forum - the topic has come up a few times already

cheers

Andrew

GraemeG

Post by GraemeG »

Cellartracker http://www.cellartracker.com has everything you could want, and is web-based, so you have access anywhere there's an internet computer.
Free or voluntary payment; cellar managament, tasting notes, the works.
Unbeatable.
cheers,
G

rens

Post by rens »

Another vote for Cellar tracker.
It's web based so you never have to update to the next version.
It is easy to use and manage your cellar.
I started using it when I had about 200 botles and put all the data into the system inside an hour.
It is free.
There are tasting notes from other users so you can see how your wine is progressing.
You can access it anywhere with an internet connection.
never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

rooman

Post by rooman »

I agree with all the posters above. Go with Cellartracker. The earlier you get it on line the easier it is. I wish I had started years ago. It took me weeks to upload everything. One of the best features is that you can post purchase prices and hence tracked the overall value of the cellar if you wish for insurance purposes.

And if people leave their cellar lists open, you can also sneak at what else is floating around. It is good however for making you realise that no matter how good you think your cellar is, there is always a better one out there somewhere. If you want to check a seriously good cellar, check out the owner of the site, Eric Levine. Now this cellar makes me green :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mandingo

Post by Mandingo »

I have been using Brian Handreck's Cellar Management system for many years - it is a great program, does everything that I need. He can be contacted at redbigot@yahoo.com.au - there is a nominal fee, but his support is invaluable - especially if you are as inept at computers as I am!

richie32

Post by richie32 »

For life of me cant figure out how to see others lists, any help appreciated.

cheers
Richie

Red Bigot

Post by Red Bigot »

Mandingo wrote:I have been using Brian Handreck's Cellar Management system for many years - it is a great program, does everything that I need. He can be contacted at redbigot@yahoo.com.au - there is a nominal fee, but his support is invaluable - especially if you are as inept at computers as I am!

Inept? Correct!
Nominal fee? - Incorrect. It's free, you don't have to subscribe to my site.
http://redbigot.info/rb_cellar_master.htm
Cheers
Brian
Life's too short to drink white wine and red wine is better for you too! :-)

Mandingo

Post by Mandingo »

oops - sorry Brian! When are you coming to Adelaide next - my computer has more issues.....

rooman

Post by rooman »

richie32 wrote:For life of me cant figure out how to see others lists, any help appreciated.

cheers
Richie

If you are talking about Cellartracker, either hit All Cellars at the top or type in the users handle in the search box then change tasting notes to users. Most people on these forum have kept the same user name. For northern hemisphere forum where people tend to use their actual name, it requires a bit more lateral thinking.

Mark

fatdoi

Post by fatdoi »

Also been using cellar tracker for over 2 years, once setup, it's very easy to keep record & to read others tasting notes really does help me in making new purchases.

If you're oz fan, should check out pom michelvl stash, makes me want to cry just looking at it

http://www.cellartracker.com//user.asp? ... rride=4439
Relax.... In the end it's only grape juice with a twist

GraemeG

Post by GraemeG »

rooman wrote:
richie32 wrote:For life of me cant figure out how to see others lists, any help appreciated.

cheers
Richie

If you are talking about Cellartracker, either hit All Cellars at the top or type in the users handle in the search box then change tasting notes to users. Most people on these forum have kept the same user name. For northern hemisphere forum where people tend to use their actual name, it requires a bit more lateral thinking.

Mark

You just click on the number representing their no. of bottles.
But you have to be registered/logged-in for it to work.
cheers,
G

Martin Lai

Post by Martin Lai »

Anyone have any experience (positive or negative) using CellarTracker's bulk import feature to pull in data from say Brian's RB Access DB?

rooman

Post by rooman »

fatdoi wrote:Also been using cellar tracker for over 2 years, once setup, it's very easy to keep record & to read others tasting notes really does help me in making new purchases.

If you're oz fan, should check out pom michelvl stash, makes me want to cry just looking at it

http://www.cellartracker.com//user.asp? ... rride=4439

That is madness. How can anyone collect that many South Australian reds. :? :?

This is one of my favourite cellars http://www.cellartracker.com/user.asp?iUserOverride=565. David (dlo) you want to guess who's it is (assuming you are registered in cellartracker) ?

Michael McNally

Post by Michael McNally »

How can he call himself a Riesling fan if he hasn't a single bottle from Eden or Clare?!?!?!
Bonum Vinum Laetificat Cor Hominis