List of Cellar Door Hours?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
1wineowl

List of Cellar Door Hours?

Post by 1wineowl »

I'm an American visiting OZ for the second time (and had a Superb first trip thanks to the info I received on this forum)

I'll be visiting Victoria's wine regions for two weeks, prior to coming to SA for a week; and finding it difficult to plan as info on cellar door hours is hard to find via the Internet.

Does any one know of reference Internet sites that would list times cellar doors are open in Victoria :?: :?: :?:

I plan on using Halliday's of 4 & 5 star wineries as my "go-to" visit list but am finding it tedious to research each winery individually. In case anyone is interested his list is at...

"""" http://www.winecompanion.com.au/bestwin ... region.cfm """

Thanks in Advance for your help,

Cheers, Paul

monghead

Re: List of Cellar Door Hours?

Post by monghead »

Hi there. Hope you have a great time.

Opening hours are usually 10am-4pm for cellar doors here in oz.

There is the victoria tourism website which has more exact opening hours for almost all the victorian wineries. The site is www.visitvictoria.com

I'm sure there is a similar site for the South Australian wineries.

Cheers,

Monghead.

Red Bigot

Post by Red Bigot »

The Wine Companion Winery entries list days/hours open. In the past I've found this information unreliable though. In some areas like Heathcote the info seemed particularly inaccurate and there are long drives between wineries, so it's a good idea to phone and check first.
Cheers
Brian
Life's too short to drink white wine and red wine is better for you too! :-)

Glen

Post by Glen »

Paul

If you have an iphone you can download Hallidays winery list as an App. It works pretty well.

Cheers
Glen