October Purchases

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
maybs

Re: October Purchases

Post by maybs »

I can't bring myself to write the list this month, it actually frightens me a bit. Plus I can't leave too much evidence laying around for the missis :lol:

Suffice to say it comes to some 4 cases worth :shock:
You can find me on Instagram at oz_oenophile
Follow for my little wine journey.

Ozzie W

Post by Ozzie W »

1 x 2012 Yabby Lake Pinot Noir Block 2
3 x 2012 Penfolds Bin 389
2 x 2012 Rockford Frugal Farmer
2 x 2010 Rockford Moppa Spring
4 x 2012 Rockford Rifle Range
6 x 2013 SC Pannell Syrah
2 x 2012 Henschke Mount Edelstone
2 x 2012 Kay Brothers Shiraz Block 6
2 x 2013 Clonakilla Shiraz Viognier

Redav

Post by Redav »

ads_11 wrote:And they do half bottle so a few of them might be in order.

But the fulls are available? Both are listed when I log in but oddly enough, when a stonewaller from work offered to pick some BPS for me, I think he ordered some half RR when I was expecting a pair of fulls. I figured it might have been by mistake (not that it's a problem, it's a convenient size for tasting as the other half isn't drinking at the moment) and I'll simply buy some fulls if / when I decide I'd like to put some away.

ads_11

Post by ads_11 »

Redav wrote:
ads_11 wrote:And they do half bottle so a few of them might be in order.

But the fulls are available? Both are listed when I log in but oddly enough, when a stonewaller from work offered to pick some BPS for me, I think he ordered some half RR when I was expecting a pair of fulls. I figured it might have been by mistake (not that it's a problem, it's a convenient size for tasting as the other half isn't drinking at the moment) and I'll simply buy some fulls if / when I decide I'd like to put some away.

Yes, both are available looking at the order form. I will more than likely get a couple halves, just to give me an option when I am on my own and don't want to consume a full bottle. I will also get a few full bottles as they are getting great reviews and should age well. Heading up Wednesday so will see what damage the CC will take!

TravisW

Post by TravisW »

A mixed case of Collector wines including Alex's Marked Tree Shiraz, Reserve Shiraz, Lamp Lit Roussanne/Marsanne, Tiger Tiger Chardonnay and Red Rose City Sangiovese.

Now, repeat after me: I must NOT drink all of the Tiger Tiger Chardonnay in the first week. Dang it's delicious!

Cheers, Travis.

PS: Alex mentioned that his 2012 Marked Tree Shiraz just picked up a gold at the Melbourne wine show. Nice one.

simon1980

Post by simon1980 »

TravisW wrote:A mixed case of Collector wines including Alex's Marked Tree Shiraz, Reserve Shiraz, Lamp Lit Roussanne/Marsanne, Tiger Tiger Chardonnay and Red Rose City Sangiovese.

Now, repeat after me: I must NOT drink all of the Tiger Tiger Chardonnay in the first week. Dang it's delicious!

Cheers, Travis.

PS: Alex mentioned that his 2012 Marked Tree Shiraz just picked up a gold at the Melbourne wine show. Nice one.

Hi TravisW, may I ask what vintages the Marked Tree and Reserve are up to? I loved the 08's and 09's, but have not seen an email from Alex for ages... Maybe it's time to get some more. Have you tried the Red Rose? Sounds interesting...

Simon

ads_11

Post by ads_11 »

Trip to Rockfords today has cleaned me right out and my brand new 195 bottle wine fridge is full, so that is me done for the year!

2012 x 5 Rockford Rifle Range
2012 x 3 Rockford Rifle Range (375ml)
2011 x 1 Basket Press
2014 x 1 Vine Vale reisling
2014 x 2 Black Shiraz
2005 x 1 SVS Flaxman
2006 x 1 "Cane Cut" Semillon

I tried mostly the reds today and must say the entire line up is looking fantastic. The only red I was not sold on was the '11 Moppa Springs as it was way too green for me.

I did try the new Semillon and enjoyed that which is saying something, as I am not a white drinker. The Vine Vale reisling was also a bit out of the box and very smooth.

The star of the show would have to go to the '12 RR. Absolute cracker and drinking very well right now but will last a long time. The '11 BP was also good, but needs another 5-10yrs to mellow slightly. Bit of difference from the '10 BP which I found was much more approachable now.

daz

Post by daz »

6 x Tightrope Walker Yarra Valley Chardonnay 2012 - $80 delivered using a McWilliams voucher

TravisW

Post by TravisW »

simon1980 wrote:
TravisW wrote:A mixed case of Collector wines including Alex's Marked Tree Shiraz, Reserve Shiraz, Lamp Lit Roussanne/Marsanne, Tiger Tiger Chardonnay and Red Rose City Sangiovese.

Cheers, Travis.

Hi TravisW, may I ask what vintages the Marked Tree and Reserve are up to? I loved the 08's and 09's, but have not seen an email from Alex for ages... Maybe it's time to get some more. Have you tried the Red Rose? Sounds interesting...

Simon

Hi Simon,

I grabbed the 2011 Reserve and the 2012 Marked Tree. I forgot to mention that I also grabbed some of his 2012 Folded Blue Pyrenees Shiraz. Ab-so-bloody-beautiful stuff. I haven't tried his Red Rose yet, but I have a bottle of the 2012 ready to go this weekend.

Cheers, Travis.

markg

Post by markg »

ads_11 wrote:Trip to Rockfords today has cleaned me right out and my brand new 195 bottle wine fridge is full, so that is me done for the year!

2011 x 1 Basket Press
2014 x 2 Black Shiraz
2005 x 1 SVS Flaxman

I tried mostly the reds today and must say the entire line up is looking fantastic. The only red I was not sold on was the '11 Moppa Springs as it was way too green for me.

I did try the new Semillon and enjoyed that which is saying something, as I am not a white drinker. The Vine Vale reisling was also a bit out of the box and very smooth.

The star of the show would have to go to the '12 RR. Absolute cracker and drinking very well right now but will last a long time. The '11 BP was also good, but needs another 5-10yrs to mellow slightly. Bit of difference from the '10 BP which I found was much more approachable now.

Wow.. Interesting coincidence to bump into you and Lucy yesterday at cellar door.. Adelaide is a very small place :)

I agree with the RR, may be as good as the 2010 and was very interesting to try alongside the 2005.
Cheers
-Mark Wickman

WICKMAN'S FINE WINE AUCTIONS
FREE membership, LOWEST auction commissions in Australia.
Now accepting wine for our next auction.
http://www.wickman.net.au

Twitter: @WickWine
YouTube: WickWineAuction

ads_11

Post by ads_11 »

markg wrote:
ads_11 wrote:Trip to Rockfords today has cleaned me right out and my brand new 195 bottle wine fridge is full, so that is me done for the year!

2011 x 1 Basket Press
2014 x 2 Black Shiraz
2005 x 1 SVS Flaxman

Wow.. Interesting coincidence to bump into you and Lucy yesterday at cellar door.. Adelaide is a very small place :)

I agree with the RR, may be as good as the 2010 and was very interesting to try alongside the 2005.

Indeed it is Mark. A very small place! Good to see you could indulge a little at lunch too rather than stuck as the driver all day.. I am lucky I did not as I was picked up by the police on the way home...

WinePupil

Post by WinePupil »

So this is my virgin post here :D

2x 2012 Penfolds RWT
2x 2010 Penfolds St Henri
1x 2010 Rockfords Basket Press
1x 2010 Cullen Diana Madeline

Have drunk one of the '12 RWTs and the next bottle will cellar for 10-12 more years. I literally grabbed the last 2 bottles from my local 1st choice, but i hope the nearest uncle Dan's will have some stocks left!

Hacker

Post by Hacker »

WinePupil wrote:So this is my virgin post here :D

2x 2012 Penfolds RWT
2x 2010 Penfolds St Henri
1x 2010 Rockfords Basket Press
1x 2010 Cullen Diana Madeline

Have drunk one of the '12 RWTs and the next bottle will cellar for 10-12 more years. I literally grabbed the last 2 bottles from my local 1st choice, but i hope the nearest uncle Dan's will have some stocks left!

Welcome WinePupil! You certainly picked up some good gear there :D Hope you didn't have to pay up for the St Henri or the Rockford, prices on them are getting a little ridiculous.
Imugene, cure for cancer.