Perth Offline

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Justin B.

Post by Justin B. »

Just a note to let you all know that I am bringing a red plus a sparkling red. I also have a sweet white (not botrytis) that I will bring to go with any desert if we get that far.
Justin B.

Mark G

Post by Mark G »

Been in pain all day .... well Justin "the note taker", where are the notes? I listened on the radio for any police reports on Davo and Paul S, but nothing so I can only assume they made it home.....

Cheers

Mark G
"When a true genius appears ... the dunces are all in confederacy against him" - Ignatius Reilly

Davo

Post by Davo »

Yep I made it home but no thanks to Perth's public transport system.

The bloody trains had stopped running.

Mind you it did mean that I got to have a pleasant chat with a lovely little thing from Switzerland who was also waiting at the cab rank.

Thanks for your generosity Mark. You brought some great wines that I would otherwise never have tried. Like you I am awaiting the publishing of the tasting notes with interest.

Justin B.

Post by Justin B. »

Guys

Cant do notes properly until Sunday. If anyone wants them before , let me know and I'll email a scan to you to post.

Great night.
Justin B.

PaulSheldon

Post by PaulSheldon »

Yes I am still alive, just barely though. I am sure it was that beer at the end of the night that did me in, I was fine until then. I blame Davo for the suggestion :D

It was yet another excellent night with some great wines, particularly from Mark as Davo mentioned with my first ever attempt at a Grand Cru Burgundy. The find for the night for me though was the 99 Batista Pinot, at around $30 a bottle this is a very nice wine with still a year or three ahead of it. Didn't compare to the brace of 94 Burgundies, but then I would have been very surprised if it had.

Once again I managed to bring a dud bottle along, seems to be a trend with me I only get bad bottles when its an offline! This one was oxidised rather than corked but the end result is the same, another one going back for replacement.

Thanks to everyone there for some excellent wine and conversation, and apologies to Attila for leaving my digital camera at work.
Paul