Headmaster is back from study trip- weekly reports

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Chris Judd

Post by Chris Judd »

Anthony, Graham

I have a 98 on my bench that I've just dragged forward after seeing your post. Hopefully I'll remember to have a squiz on Saturday and again on Sunday, and then post a TV,....that is if we're not too seedy from the magnum dinner with a few friends here in Brisbane.

Cheers
Chris

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

chris Judd wrote:Anthony, Graham

I have a 98 on my bench that I've just dragged forward after seeing your post. Hopefully I'll remember to have a squiz on Saturday and again on Sunday, and then post a TV,....that is if we're not too seedy from the magnum dinner with a few friends here in Brisbane.

Cheers
Chris

Hi mate,
going to be interesting to see how our notes compare. Going to openone night and report back on sunday. Your magnum dinner sounds awesome!!

Cheers
Anthony
Good wine ruins the purse; bad wine ruins the stomach
Spanish saying

Chris Judd

Post by Chris Judd »

Hi Anth,

I'll prod Wizz in the ribs to post some notes on the magnum dinner - he loves doing that stuff, ...and he's darn good too. (Slitherin' Juddster they calls me.) Darn, gotsa fly - go pick up daughter from ballet. Get your licence, kid!

Cheers
Chris

Chris Judd

Post by Chris Judd »

Hi Anth,

I'll prod Wizz in the ribs to post some notes on the magnum dinner - he loves doing that stuff, ...and he's darn good too. (Slitherin' Juddster they calls me.) Darn, gotsa fly - go pick up daughter from ballet. Get your licence, kid!

Cheers
Chris

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Whilst on the Wynns Black Label subject, I thought it would be good to compare the 98 with the 96.
So tonight is 96 night.

For a wine that is 8 years old the colour is perfect; vibrant purple with hardly any signs of it's age. The nose is a mix of sweet cassis and mocha. The palate has intergrated perfectly and this for the price, is really an amazing wine. Very good palate length, with a long persistant finish and firm tannins to finish. The 98 will have to be pretty special, to top this.

Cheers
Anthony
Good wine ruins the purse; bad wine ruins the stomach
Spanish saying

TORB

Post by TORB »

GrahamB wrote:When in the Barosa I hope you had the opportunity to check out young Troy Kasseske and his 02 Grenache or his barrels of 2003 Grenache. The straight "G" from him is really sensational.

Graham,

I did, you can read all about it in Chapter ??? of the tour diary - eventually. :)
Cheers
Ric
TORBWine

Wizz

Post by Wizz »

All this talk of Wynns B/L, I have an 01 on the bench. will open Sunday If I survive the magnum dinner.