Rockford time of year again.......(2011 version)

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
thomashouseman

Rockford time of year again.......(2011 version)

Post by thomashouseman »

So my order of Rockford turned up at the Post Office yesterday.....

Haven't opened any yet, but did have a very nice 2004 Rod and Spur the other night.

Anyone else had theirs arrive yet and had a chance to partake? Thoughts?

T.

Mike Hawkins

Re: Rockford time of year again.......(2011 version)

Post by Mike Hawkins »

Mine have arrived, but I haven't tried any yet...

Mike

Teisto

Post by Teisto »

Managed to get some 08 BP through one of my staff's brother who is a Stonewaller. Really want to get some 09 as it was my wedding year but the brother doesn't want to part with any this year. Really want some 2010 as well for the daughters birth year

Anyone sick of their allocation and want to offload it? :wink:

phillisc

Post by phillisc »

Teisto wrote:Managed to get some 08 BP through one of my staff's brother who is a Stonewaller. Really want to get some 09 as it was my wedding year but the brother doesn't want to part with any this year. Really want some 2010 as well for the daughters birth year

Go up to the winery in March 2012, that's when its released to the general public. Funny I often see a stonewaller double dipping around then.
Better still, give them a call, if they know that you are interested they will try and look after you.
Never had any issues with Rockford, they are great.
As an inaugural Stonewaller, I have brought current release BP as late as April the following year.

Cheers Craig.
Tomorrow will be a good day

tonsta

Post by tonsta »

Went to Rockfords today to try the new releases. ' 09 Rifle Range and BP are both beautiful as is the '11 Black Shiraz.

Speaking of the Black, while I was there I was lucky enough to try a bottle of unlabelled '94 in Magnum that was apparently discovered at the back of the winery. It was absolutely sublime and reminded me of the Seppelts Show Reserves from the early '80's. I wish I could say the same about the '98 BP that was also open which seemed dried out and fruitless :shock:

I agree the Rockford crew are a great bunch

Cheers
Tony

Sharkey

Post by Sharkey »

phillisc wrote:
Teisto wrote:Managed to get some 08 BP through one of my staff's brother who is a Stonewaller. Really want to get some 09 as it was my wedding year but the brother doesn't want to part with any this year. Really want some 2010 as well for the daughters birth year

Go up to the winery in March 2012, that's when its released to the general public. Funny I often see a stonewaller double dipping around then.
Better still, give them a call, if they know that you are interested they will try and look after you.
Never had any issues with Rockford, they are great.
As an inaugural Stonewaller, I have brought current release BP as late as April the following year.

Cheers Craig.

Or you can go in August when they release it in Magnums, usually a couple of vintages behind. I bought an '06 magnum when I was there a few months ago. If you really want to age it for a special occasion (kids 21st, 25th wedding anniversary etc) a magnum would be ideal.
Sharkey

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Teisto

Post by Teisto »

Thanks for the advice - wish I could just pop in - I'll have to try and wangle a work trip to Adelaide in March.