TN: '59 Marc Bredif Vouvray

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Seamus

TN: '59 Marc Bredif Vouvray

Post by Seamus »

Had the opportunity to drink this last night, however as the bottle had been open since Thursday night, it showed a fair amount of oxidation.

Golden in colour, with a slighly fortified or scotch nose with pears in background. Palate showed similar fruit, withstill a great deal of acid.... just a pity about the oxidation. Would have been on its high plateau about 5 years ago.

I know the '85 Bredif Vouvray (demi-sec) is about to be released at approximatle LUC$35-$40, but it is absolutley wonderful......... look for it!

Andrew

Post by Guest »

I had a chance to try some Bredif wines last week on Wednesday...all the bottles showed very well.

Mark Bredif Vouvray 2002 Sec
Light yellow gold, bright and youthfull in appearence. Aromas of green apples, quince, dried flowers and herbal hints. On the palate the wine was high in acid with apples, lanolin, herbal characters and a hint of mint. Nice long finish. 90 Points

Mark Bredif Vouvray 1985 demi-sec
Gold and showing obvious age. Quince, dried flowers, honey with herbal hints. Rich on the palate with a nice weight in the mouth showing quince, honeycomb and floral characters. Complex and rich with still a fair bit of acid there and a loooooong finish 93 Points

Mark Bredif Vouvray 1959 moelleux
Deep gold in colour....very, very rich and complex nose of quince paste, calvados, apples, dried herbs, lanolin and minty/cool hints.
The palate was honeyed with that calvados/apple brandy character, quince paste and herbs. Super rich, complex with some acid/life in it yet....fantastic wine 97 Points

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

Let me guess.......... "Working with Wine" in Sydney?

I see you also like the '85. Will be quite tempted to grab some when released.

Post by Guest »

Hi Seamus

Correct.....I'm going to grab some of the 85....lovely wine had a fantastic Savennieres Grand cru "Coulee de Serrant" 2001 from Nicolas Joly as well.....a bit pricey though :?

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I tried these wines as well in the Melbourne 'Working with Wine' Seminar. The 59 was really good considering it's age. What really sttod out for me was the 85. Great wine and cheap think it retails for $35.

Looking forward to the next seminar. From memory it is Piedmonte.

cheers
anthony
Good wine ruins the purse; bad wine ruins the stomach
Spanish saying

Post by Guest »

Anthony

Yes the next one is Piedmont....looking forward to that one as well...it was a pity Pascal Jolivet couldn't make it over here for the last one though :(