2002 Tait "The Ball Buster" - It's 5 O'Clock Somew

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Doc Rock

2002 Tait "The Ball Buster" - It's 5 O'Clock Somew

Post by Doc Rock »

Neither my wife nor I felt like cooking tonight, so we ordered "takeaway" to enjoy at home.

On a lark, grabbed a bottle of The Ball Buster from the cellar (the screwcap helped make the decision as everyone was anxious to dig in).

This is everything I love about so many Australian wines. Ripe, round, smooth, low acid, full-bodied and easy with food.

Like country music, it ain't complicated. Who cares? For $12, I'm glad I bought 2 cases.
Steve

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

MartinC

Post by MartinC »

Fr ur description, it isnt a "testicle tearer" as the name has suggested :oops:
MC

<i>"If our life on earth is so short, why not live every day as if it were our last. This is the path to happiness and spiritual enlightenment"
Omar Khayyam 1048 -1122</b>

Red Bigot

Re: 2002 Tait "The Ball Buster" - It's 5 O'Clock S

Post by Red Bigot »

Doc Rock wrote:This is everything I love about so many Australian wines. Ripe, round, smooth, low acid, full-bodied and easy with food.

Like country music, it ain't complicated. Who cares? For $12, I'm glad I bought 2 cases.

Doc,

It really is a nice wine isn't it? Much better than you might expect from the name and price. The idiosyncratic shiraz/cab/merlot blend makes it stand out in a crowd too. It's about $A18 here, so your price is very good too.
Cheers
Brian
Life's too short to drink white wine and red wine is better for you too! :-)

Doc Rock

Re: 2002 Tait "The Ball Buster" - It's 5 O'Clock S

Post by Doc Rock »

Red Bigot wrote:
Doc Rock wrote:This is everything I love about so many Australian wines. Ripe, round, smooth, low acid, full-bodied and easy with food.

Doc,

It really is a nice wine isn't it? Much better than you might expect from the name and price. The idiosyncratic shiraz/cab/merlot blend makes it stand out in a crowd too. It's about $A18 here, so your price is very good too.

Brian,

If there were more wines like this available in The States at this price point, there would be alot more red wine drinkers here. This wine is a favorite among my friends who are casual wine drinkers and novices to the wine world.

Sadly, California isn't producing anything nearly this enjoyable at anywhere close to this price.
Steve

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."