Amazing Australian sparkling- Part 3.

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Attila

Amazing Australian sparkling- Part 3.

Post by Attila »

2007 CHANDON Vintage Brut-Victoria

This may end up hugely unpopular with Chandon fans as it has nothing common with the creamy feel of previous vintages.
This sparkling is very linear with pronounced lime and lemon zest flavours. The acid structure is tremendously high, but it will become the perfect drive train for this sparkling to age well. Very dry and very long, perfect now with oysters or pan fried white fish. Mouth watering stuff. If you love dry Champagne, you’ll love this.
Outstanding!
95 points.
"(Wine) information is only as valuable as its source" DB

ChrisV

Re: Amazing Australian sparkling- Part 3.

Post by ChrisV »

"Linear" is an understatement. A bit too straightforward and simple for me. Nice enough wine but I expect more at the price.

Edit: May have spoken too soon... posted that just after I popped it. Starting to open up a bit more now.

Another Edit: Yeah, I definitely did :) Goes to show you should give wines half an hour at the minimum. While it was all acid on first opening, is starting to show a sophisticated lemon peel type flavour which is very attractive.

daz

Re: Amazing Australian sparkling- Part 3.

Post by daz »

Not sure what vintage it was but the Freycinet Radenti I bought to celebrate a friend's 70th birthday was pretty good.