TN: '97 Peter Lehmann Eight Songs Shiraz

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Doc Rock

TN: '97 Peter Lehmann Eight Songs Shiraz

Post by Doc Rock »

Had the '98 Eight Songs last week with friends in Florida. Absolutely delicious! Ripe, round, warm, full-bodied, smooth finish. The entire package.

Tonight, we uncorked the '97 (which we purchased at the winery in 2001).

Similar nose to the '98, but not quite as full-bodied as the '98. A touch higher in acidity as well. With some air time, it rounded out a bit. A good drink, but the '98 is superior.
Steve

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

Post by Guest »

What are your views on the future of the 1998?

Doc Rock

Post by Doc Rock »

Anonymous wrote:What are your views on the future of the 1998?

Guest,

I was so taken by how well the '98 is showing, today I ordered 6 more bottles. This one has drunk well since release and doesn't appear anywhere near decline. I love it for the pure hedonistic pleasure it gives, and, it is a great wine to share with folks who don't have alot of experience with Oz Shiraz.
Steve

jacques

Post by jacques »

[ I was so taken by how well the '98 is showing, today I ordered 6 more bottles. This one has drunk well since release and doesn't appear anywhere near decline. I love it for the pure hedonistic pleasure it gives, and, it is a great wine to share with folks who don't have alot of experience with Oz Shiraz.[/quote]

Where can you order them now? and how much it cost you?
I couldn't find it except in the Auction House.
Got one set of the 96 vintage and going to have a verticle tasting on the 96 98 and 99 later this month.

Doc Rock

Post by Doc Rock »

jacques wrote:Where can you order them now? and how much it cost you?
I couldn't find it except in the Auction House.
Got one set of the 96 vintage and going to have a verticle tasting on the 96 98 and 99 later this month.

Jacques,

As I am in The States, there are still a few bottles in the Pennsylvania pipeline.

WineSearcher says Discount Wines in Canberra still has an inventory, with an asking price of around $50 US. That's what I'm paying here in Pennsylvania.
Steve

jacques

Post by jacques »

US$ 50?!, although it is a good wine but no way for me to pay that kind of money for it.

Thanks anyway. :lol: