Can anyone tell me anything about Wendouree Malbec?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Loztralia

Can anyone tell me anything about Wendouree Malbec?

Post by Loztralia »

I've just picked up some 2006 Wendouree Malbec. I think I heard that they only produce straight Malbec in very good years, but other than that I know next to nothing about the vintage or the wine. Can anyone please furnish me with some information? Tasting notes, quality, story - all much appreciated.
3, 65, 7, 50

Nick

Re: Can anyone tell me anything about Wendouree Malbec?

Post by Nick »

Haven't tried the 2006, but opened a cheeky bottle of the 2008 on Tuesday to celebrate arrival of Wendouree shipment. Decanted for two hours, then into Riedel Shiraz glasses. Spectacular wine, lovely spicy aromas, not overblown, great length. The type of wine that forces you to think deeply about it every three to four sips. I am wishing I bought more, but glad I've got some 2006 in the cellar.
Cheers
Nick

Loztralia

Post by Loztralia »

Nick wrote:Haven't tried the 2006, but opened a cheeky bottle of the 2008 on Tuesday to celebrate arrival of Wendouree shipment. Decanted for two hours, then into Riedel Shiraz glasses. Spectacular wine, lovely spicy aromas, not overblown, great length. The type of wine that forces you to think deeply about it every three to four sips. I am wishing I bought more, but glad I've got some 2006 in the cellar.
Cheers
Nick

Very positive - thanks. Would I be right in thinking this is a wine I ought to drink pretty soon or hold on to for a long time - 10yrs+ or even longer?
3, 65, 7, 50

Fortune 3rd reg. attempt

Post by Fortune 3rd reg. attempt »

James Halliday says "Great now, great in another 15 years. Cork. Rating 96 Drink 2026" lucky you.