Most beautiful labels

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Minotaur

Most beautiful labels

Post by Minotaur »

Saw this topic on another forum, so thought I would try it here.
There are so many good ones, but these come to mind first..... 8)

[img]
2005-front.jpg
100538.jpg
spinetta.jpg

[/img]

Cast your votes!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Minotaur on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mike Hawkins

Re: Most beautiful labels

Post by Mike Hawkins »

I'm a fan of some of the Moutons - the 1945 given what it represented immediately sprung to mind.

Minotaur

Post by Minotaur »

Some more........

[img]
ViettiBarberaScarrone.jpg
img.jpg
114406.gif

[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Minotaur

Post by Minotaur »

The above images don't seem to be working unless I'm logged in ??... :evil:

How do you fix this? Anyone?

They are supposed to be Rousseau Chambertin, Pichon Baron, La Spinetta Barbaresco.
And also Vietti Barbera d'Alba Scarrone, I Sodi di San Niccolo, and Robert Weil.

rens

Post by rens »

Minotaur wrote:The above images don't seem to be working unless I'm logged in ??... :evil:

How do you fix this? Anyone?

They are supposed to be Rousseau Chambertin, Pichon Baron, La Spinetta Barbaresco.
And also Vietti Barbera d'Alba Scarrone, I Sodi di San Niccolo, and Robert Weil.

That's right. You need to be logged in to view that sort of content. I think that is how Gavin has it set up.
never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

n4sir

Post by n4sir »

From the sublime to the ridiculous... :lol:

If labels are your thing I recommend you have a look at this site:

http://www.winelabels.org/labels.htm

There are a few howlers there - maybe not exactly beautiful, although beauty is in the eye of the beholder... :wink:

ImageImageImage
Forget about goodness and mercy, they're gone.

WineAroundOz

Post by WineAroundOz »

My vote is for the Vigneto Valeirano - portrays a wine with strong character yet subtle detail. A wine not to trifle with.

Delheim on the other hand must be creating a superb late harvest wine and not much of it. Their label is trying to scare people away so that only those in the know will actually buy it. Amusing nonetheless.

For Australian wine I put forward Alpha, Box and Dice in McLaren Vale. An eclectic collection of labels with an alphabetized theme for the simpletons. One of them is even a hologram.

check them out here at website or video

Jay60A

Post by Jay60A »

I love the old Howard Park "art" labels ...

What was the story there? They seem boring and corporate now, witness the Abercrombie label, though the wine is still nice.
“There are no standards of taste in wine. Each mans own taste is the standard, and a majority vote cannot decide for him or in any slightest degree affect the supremacy of his own standard". Mark Twain.

WineAroundOz

Post by WineAroundOz »

love the avatar Jay60A,

What year was that?

Rawshack

Post by Rawshack »

Always loved Mayers labels

The Dog of Wine

Jay60A

Post by Jay60A »

A couple of Howard Park's old labels ... probably a marketer's nightmare but really lovely and individual. First is a riesling, second the cabernet.

They must have varied per vintage as the 1994 Cabernet Merlot (now Abercrombie) has a different picture from the second, also lovely though and rather dreamy.
“There are no standards of taste in wine. Each mans own taste is the standard, and a majority vote cannot decide for him or in any slightest degree affect the supremacy of his own standard". Mark Twain.

Jay60A

Post by Jay60A »

WineAroundOz wrote:love the avatar Jay60A,

What year was that?

Thanks. Not sure where I found it but it struck me as picturing exactly what I want from an aussie red.

The vintage of my avatar? Almost certainly 1996 ... if pushed to name a wine I suspect Orlando Lawsons Shiraz 1996 based upon the fruit and the sprig of mint on top! :wink:

Cheers - Jay

Craig(NZ)

Post by Craig(NZ) »

2000 Ch Mouton Rothschild looks da bomb. I had the chance to take home an empty bottle of it once but didn't. Shame, good wine too