best wine music around "heard it through the grapevine&

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
caliluvababe

best wine music around "heard it through the grapevine&

Post by caliluvababe »

Wasn't sure how many of you were interested in music when you drink wine...but I think most people associate wine drinkers with classical music. I believe, however, that most of us like that good ol Motown music (Temptations, Supremes, etc), more. Am I right? I heard this new Motown 1's CD at my umg internship and I think it's definitely the best compilation of Motown music out there. It just always gets me in a good mood and the song selection is great! (Just so you know, you can see all the songs on motownnumberones.com). Has anyone on here bought or listened to this album yet? I think it's motown's 45th anniversary or something..which is probably why this is out now. Good timing! I love it all!

Gary W

Post by Gary W »

I like to listen to really loud Death Metal while tasting. I find someone screaming SATAN SATAN SATAN really enhances the taste of a fine Margaret River cabernet.

GW

Muscat Mike

Post by Muscat Mike »

Gary,
I thought that was the sound of your beloved calling you to the conubial couch. "SATAN,SATAN,SATAN". :twisted:
MM. :lol: :lol:

Doc Rock

Re: best wine music around "heard it through the grapev

Post by Doc Rock »

caliluvababe wrote:Wasn't sure how many of you were interested in music when you drink wine...but I think most people associate wine drinkers with classical music.

Babe,

Nothing beats Beethoven's 6th for a relaxing moment with a good bottle.

However, for Tait's "The Ball Buster", I pop in Alan Jackson's "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere." Especially when it's 6 AM here! :lol:
Steve

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

DaveL

Post by DaveL »

I think I've posted before that I tend to listen to either some intellectual rock, like Tool, Bowie, or the Doors; or some dirty UK beats like Massive Attack, Portisehead, or Tricky; some stripped bare jazz like Bohnen and der Club of Gore is pretty mint on a sluggish Sunday. This mix may just be a function of my generation, I mean Ride of the Valkyries might be just the go for a Parker 98+ pointer (though you could just as easily use Eye of the Tiger), but I love wine and I love my music the two are meant for each other.

Though the idea of trying to match wine to music is appealing isn't it?

I don't know about the Eastern States, but in WA the VC's stores have this habit of playing the kind of elevator muzzak usually used to quell rioting students (or provoke them). At the Higher Plane tasting though, they were playing Mezzanine by Massive Attack which was simply brilliant as background music.
Ground control to Major Tom, take your protein pills and put your helmet on.

Daryl Douglas

Post by Daryl Douglas »

Supremes? Listen to Martha & the Vandellas! Have an album of Earl Klugh's shopping-centre music that's rather ordinary BUT there's a really cool, laid-back instrumental version of "Heard It Through the Grapevine" on it, the only voices on the track a few women with Motown-sounding voices singing the chorus. It usually gets spun at least two or three times when it's played. Julian Bream playing classical guitar, baroque or spanish-style, is great background music for a good red with a nice meal.

daz

Daryl Douglas

Post by Daryl Douglas »

DaveL wrote:I think I've posted before that I tend to listen to either some intellectual rock, like Tool, Bowie, or the Doors; or some dirty UK beats like Massive Attack, Portisehead, or Tricky; some stripped bare jazz like Bohnen and der Club of Gore is pretty mint on a sluggish Sunday. This mix may just be a function of my generation, I mean Ride of the Valkyries might be just the go for a Parker 98+ pointer (though you could just as easily use Eye of the Tiger), but I love wine and I love my music the two are meant for each other.

Though the idea of trying to match wine to music is appealing isn't it?

I don't know about the Eastern States, but in WA the VC's stores have this habit of playing the kind of elevator muzzak usually used to quell rioting students (or provoke them). At the Higher Plane tasting though, they were playing Mezzanine by Massive Attack which was simply brilliant as background music.

Joe Jackson's "Live 1980-86" has a great a cappella version of "Is She Really Going Out With Him" - no instruments "save for a lone tambourine". There's even a bit of doo-whop in the intro! Though "Stepping Out" is probably his eponymous album.

Cheers

daz

GraemeG

Post by GraemeG »

Was this the 'spam' post nuked by Robin at WLDG?

Any connection with UMG by any chance, calibabe?

Looking forward to future posts...?

Graeme

Gavin Trott

Post by Gavin Trott »

GraemeG wrote:Was this the 'spam' post nuked by Robin at WLDG?

Any connection with UMG by any chance, calibabe?

Looking forward to future posts...?

Graeme

Hi

I thought so at the time, and was about to delete it when the thread became interesting so I left it there.

I agree, trying to sell cd's I think, but the ensuing discussion is interesting.
regards

Gavin Trott

Post by Guest »

Daryl Douglas wrote:Though "Stepping Out" is probably his eponymous album.

Cheers

daz

How is Stepping Out eponymous when his name is Joe Jackson. Is he really Joe Stepping Out Jackson.