Happy New Year!

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
daz

Happy New Year!

Post by daz »

To all

pizzler

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by pizzler »

How's it in 2010? Some of us have most of the day to contemplate leaving the aught decade. i hope this one coming in is better than the last one for the world, though I can't complain. I've enjoyed the wine education and banter. A safe and prosperous New Years to you all!

On this last day of 2009, I picked up a case of the 2006 Penfolds Kalimna Bin 28 Shiraz for $9.99US ($11.17AUD). My question for those of you living in 2010 and thus able to see the future more clearly...is it good enough to get more than a case at that silly price? (Assuming I'm patient enough to let it come into its own in 2020...) I hear it might be the finest Bin 28 ever.

griff

Post by griff »

pizzler wrote:How's it in 2010? Some of us have most of the day to contemplate leaving the aught decade. i hope this one coming in is better than the last one for the world, though I can't complain. I've enjoyed the wine education and banter. A safe and prosperous New Years to you all!

On this last day of 2009, I picked up a case of the 2006 Penfolds Kalimna Bin 28 Shiraz for $9.99US ($11.17AUD). My question for those of you living in 2010 and thus able to see the future more clearly...is it good enough to get more than a case at that silly price? (Assuming I'm patient enough to let it come into its own in 2020...) I hear it might be the finest Bin 28 ever.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

As for the Bin 28 I would say that a case of wine is a lot and should be enough for most. Two cases is possible but only if you have a large enough cellar to not think it the wine that you have to drink if you know what I mean.

As for the best bin 28 ever? The 2006 is good but that it where it ends.

cheers

Carl
Bartenders are supposed to have people skills. Or was it people are supposed to have bartending skills?

Michael McNally

Post by Michael McNally »

Happy New Year everyone! I hope we all unearth some new delights and some old treasures as we continue our vinuous journies through 2010. :D
Bonum Vinum Laetificat Cor Hominis

Luke W

Post by Luke W »

Happy New Year Daz and all u other pisspots

I've just decided to drink my favourite wines of 2009 again in 2010 first off. Tonite was the 2003 Kreglinger Brut from Pipers Brook - a sparkling with few peers in OZ. Don't drink it too cold or u'll miss the wonderful spearmint and fresh hay aromas and the peaches, pears, bananas on the palate. But the best thing is the way the flavours hang in there for so long.....

Tomorrow nite another 1991 Wynns Cabernet!

cheers

Luke
If you can remember what a wine is like the next day you didn't drink enough of it
Peynaud

Michael McNally

Post by Michael McNally »

Luke W wrote:Tomorrow nite another 1991 Wynns Cabernet!

cheers

Luke

Isn't that setting the bar pretty high with the first of the year! :shock: Everything will be down hill from 01012010.

Enjoy!

Michael
Bonum Vinum Laetificat Cor Hominis

Luke W

Post by Luke W »

Michael McNally wrote:
Luke W wrote:Tomorrow nite another 1991 Wynns Cabernet!

cheers

Luke

Isn't that setting the bar pretty high with the first of the year! :shock: Everything will be down hill from 01012010.

Enjoy!

Michael

At my age Michael, everything's downhill anyway

cheers

Luke
If you can remember what a wine is like the next day you didn't drink enough of it
Peynaud

pizzler

Post by pizzler »

griff wrote:
As for the Bin 28 I would say that a case of wine is a lot and should be enough for most. Two cases is possible but only if you have a large enough cellar to not think it the wine that you have to drink if you know what I mean.

As for the best bin 28 ever? The 2006 is good but that it where it ends.

cheers

Carl

Thanks! I ordered a case and can salt it away for a few years.