Recommend a large wine cabinet

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter

Recommend a large wine cabinet

Post by 707 »

Yeh yeh, I could spend days trawling the net finding out but why not come straight to where I'll get honest opinions.

I'm looking for recommendations for a wine cabinets, 250 bottle plus size, dont need multi temp zones, fancy display, individual racks, just want to stack 20-50 doz. It may need more than one cabinet.

Can anyone recommend make/model to look at OR AVOID!

Thanks in advance
Cheers - Steve
If you can see through it, it's not worth drinking!

dave vino

Re: Recommend a large wine cabinet

Post by dave vino »

n4sir

Post by n4sir »

Some recent threads here to do with wine fridges (probably gives you more of an idea of possible ones to avoid):

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10784
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10857
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10812
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10375
Forget about goodness and mercy, they're gone.

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

Did all the homework on this a few years back. The standout option (from a quality and value perspective) is the Kitchener. I bought a 280-bottle stainless one. Also have a 230-bottle Liebherr (which I got on the cheap), which is a great fridge too, but nowhere near as robust as the Kitchener.

As mentioned above, the traditional models are big and industrial looking...they're not suited to be a showpiece, that's for sure. In my case the fridges are tucked away, so I'm after function and value over beauty (...for fridges, anyway).

PaulV

Post by PaulV »

Another happy Kitchener owner - I have the 460 bottle unit for 2 years now and no problems whatsoever and it hardly uses any electricity.

cheers

paul

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

I notice Kitchener also sell the CT series. I'm assuming that as these don't have the Peltier system that there is some (minimal?) vibration. Is this a major or minor issue?

Or to put it in a practical sense, is it worth paying an extra $1,000 plus to buy the Peltier 252 over the CT 204 (forget the 48 bottle difference)?

Cheers,
Jimmy

Post by 707 »

Thanks everyone for their comments and n4sir for pointing me to other associated threads.

I think I'm settling on the Kitchener Peltier 430, probably two units will be needed so it's good to hear they don't use much electricity.

Now just need to find the sharpest price and also decide where I'll locate them.
Cheers - Steve
If you can see through it, it's not worth drinking!

Muscat Mike

Post by Muscat Mike »

707 wrote:Now just need to find the sharpest price and also decide where I'll locate them.

Leave one at my place Steve. I will look after it for you. :wink:
Mike.

rooman

Post by rooman »

In case you are still interested, Grays have a large Vinovault gonig at auction.

http://www.graysonline.com/Lot.aspx?id= ... ult_241209