Organic Wines

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Wilma

Organic Wines

Post by Wilma »

I was offered a bottle over the week-end as a present. Tried it last night and I'm really not that impressed. Very hard tannins...and maybe it is the wine making style, but I have heard a lot of people preferring organic wines, but I have yet to find one I like.

Deano

Re: Organic Wines

Post by Deano »

Just google organic wines or wineries...57 wineries at least...there are specific websites on this
Cheers

JamieH

Re: Organic Wines

Post by JamieH »

If you slap "Organic" on your wine label some people will buy it regardless of what is in it.

True, but some people also buy Brands regardless of whats in it too eg Penfolds, Marlborough..., i've always liked Jasper Hills approach of not putting organic on the label, because everybody else should be stating that they are not. 8)

Wilma, i have to agree with rooview, Paxton are good, some other good names- Cullen, Gemtree from the 08 vintage, there are quite a few producers out there.
Lets just say I have never had a wine I've hated, but there are some I would rather not taste again....