Charles Melton Rose of Virginia 09

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Softie

Charles Melton Rose of Virginia 09

Post by Softie »

Lovely wine - tasted for the first time at the vineyard's Sydney dinner. Felt I should pass this on because I suspect many are like me and would seldom risk drinking a rose.

Much drier (less sweet) than most Roses I've occasionally tried. Predominantly Granache based, thus given its quality, very appealing and not the least bit over done, rasberry flavours.

I'll be buying half a dozen when I get the order form emailed from the dinner listing.

Well worth trying, if you are wary of Rose's. A further indication for me that there may be difficult Varietals, but most Varietels have at least some examples that are a delight to drink.

Regards,
John

via collins

Re: Charles Melton Rose of Virginia 09

Post by via collins »

Agreed, a really fine example of rose to try on those who reckon they don't do rose.

If you enjoyed this one, make sure you give the Teusner "Salsa" a shake - just as moorish.

Cheers,

Via Collins

dave vino

Post by dave vino »

Yep one of my favourite Rose. I also really like the Turkey Flat Rose.

It's actually quite a polarising wine, some people love it, others hate it.

bob parsons

Post by bob parsons »

There was a Grenache tasting downtown yesterday and the `09 Melton Rose was terrific.
I would normally post a note here but have found there is little interest in the TNs (of wines other than Australia) that I post on this forum. Pity.

rooman

Post by rooman »

bob parsons wrote:There was a Grenache tasting downtown yesterday and the `09 Melton Rose was terrific.
I would normally post a note here but have found there is little interest in the TNs (of wines other than Australia) that I post on this forum. Pity.

bob

I am really sorry you feel like that, I enjoy your notes and am always interested in TN on wines from other countries.

Mark

griff

Post by griff »

bob parsons wrote:There was a Grenache tasting downtown yesterday and the `09 Melton Rose was terrific.

:?:

Always interested my friend but may not have anything to contribute! Post away!

cheers

Carl

RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Agreed this was fantastic and we too will be ordering some after the tasting on Wednesday evening. :)

daz

Post by daz »

Have never tried the Melton but the couple of Turkey Flat vintages I tried some years ago and the inaugural vintage of Teusner Salsa I have were pretty good. I particularly liked the Salsa.

Daz

Mahmoud Ali

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

In my limited experience the Melton Rose of Virginia is one of the best roses I've had anywhere let alone Australia. It almost always has good fruit, a savoury quality (probably from the grenache) as well as depth and structure.

I know it may be hard to believe but the 1998 Rose of Virginia was still alive in 2008, starting to fade but with lots of interest and tasty with a first course item. If anyone has a bottle of the '98 lying around I suggest drinking it soon but with respect. The Rose of Virginia is a testament to what can be done with a rose.

Cheers...............Mahmoud

daz

Post by daz »

Limited experience? Mahmoud, you are much too modest.

JamieH

Post by JamieH »

For those of you in Brissy, DM's had R of V for under $17 this week, first time i've ever seen it go under $20.
Lets just say I have never had a wine I've hated, but there are some I would rather not taste again....