What classifaction can Glaetzers wine be in?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Red Red Wine

What classifaction can Glaetzers wine be in?

Post by Red Red Wine »

Sorry in advance if my question seems a bit dumb.

In Oz we have Grange and HOG as the top shiraz, but is see the Glaetzer's Amon RA getting really good marks from a lot of people .

So my question is would you or can you compare the AmonRA to the Grange and HOG?

griff

Re: What classifaction can Glaetzers wine be in?

Post by griff »

Red Red Wine wrote:Sorry in advance if my question seems a bit dumb.

In Oz we have Grange and HOG as the top shiraz, but is see the Glaetzer's Amon RA getting really good marks from a lot of people .

So my question is would you or can you compare the AmonRA to the Grange and HOG?

Not really in that Grange and HOG has the history of being able to cellar. AmonRa is a good drink but yet to tell if it will improve with age.

cheers

Carl
Bartenders are supposed to have people skills. Or was it people are supposed to have bartending skills?

Boyeah

Post by Boyeah »

Perhaps more in the league of E&E Blk PepperShz, Penfolds St Henri, Dead Arm etc...etc... more in the third growth rather than the First growth in Oz. Hog,Mt Mary, Grange
Rgds,
Boyeah
Everyday is a bonus! Drink the best wine you can afford.

JamieH

Post by JamieH »

even rating it a third growth is degrading wines such as St henri, dead arm etc, wines with history and pedigree to age. i would put the Ra at fifth until its proven it worth after 15 vintages. although this might be a little bias as i've gone off pretty much all ben Glaetzer (Michel Roland of Barossa) wines for about 12 months, only so much you can handle.

Jamie
Lets just say I have never had a wine I've hated, but there are some I would rather not taste again....

Boyeah

Post by Boyeah »

JamieH wrote:even rating it a third growth is degrading wines such as St henri, dead arm etc, wines with history and pedigree to age. i would put the Ra at fifth until its proven it worth after 15 vintages. although this might be a little bias as i've gone off pretty much all ben Glaetzer (Michel Roland of Barossa) wines for about 12 months, only so much you can handle.

Jamie

Harsh but fair point, its hard to argue and not in the mood to.
Rgds,
Boyeah
Everyday is a bonus! Drink the best wine you can afford.

Red Red Wine

Post by Red Red Wine »

Ahh I see

Thankyou for you info.